• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4 tine marks and a story to last a lifetime.

merkman

Went out spearing with my Dad for the last 3 days.

Every time we go out it seems the fish are not moving.

The last few days seemed to be no exception.

This time some fish did move but it was when he was out of the house so he still didn't get to see them.

So I suffered though the usual comments such as "I thought spearing was supposed to be so easy" and "If angling were this slow I would have quit years ago." smile

The second day we decided to move, so we took the afternoon to get everything moved and set up in a new spot. I knew it would be tight to get everything done in time to still spear before sundown.

It was getting pretty dark by the time we got everything back together but we decided to drop the decoys and see if anything would come in.

My dad was using the large light colored MikeDaPike decoy and about 10 min after dropping it down, sure enough a pike decoyed up. It was right in the front of the hole and he felt he had a good shot so he took it.

As the spear left his hands it clipped the decoy line and slid right down the line ending up sticking 4 tines right along the top side of the decoy. Not across of course.... but all the way down the back.

He pulled up the spear and we got the decoy unstuck. The decoy survived unharmed except for the 4 tine marks. Even though we didn't get the pike, we now have a great story to tell about the fish he speared this weekend.

This decoy just became my favorite decoy since every time I use it I will think of the day that we got 4 tine marks and a story to last a lifetime.

Yes, He will be going out again!!

I am setup a little deep to see much of the bottom now so it is allot more boring spearing now.

But I am planning a trip up north will head to either Rainy or Kab some time this winter.