• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN, WCCO OR 15OOAM?

bunkerbay

Jeff Dubay, the disgraced former KFAN sports-talk radio personality, landed himself back in the slammer Tuesday after he proved once again that he can't stay away from cocaine.

According to documents filed in Ramsey County District Court, Dubay's court-ordered drug tests came back positive for cocaine on Nov. 3, Dec. 3 and Dec. 30. He admitted to probation officials that he used drugs on Oct. 6 and 28 and Dec. 2 and 30.

He used cocaine on the day of his test....BRILLIANT!

Time for the judge to stop the pampering program which obviously isn't working. The guy needs help and a 12-step program or whatever doesn't seem to be effective.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KFAN is radio god. I only half-like the morning show, but all the rest is the best there is. A great mix, the love covenant goes over the top gooey on anything MN, the common man brings it all back to earth, and bump is eclectic, only talks sports when he feels like it but is good after 7 hours of sports, sports, sports....

Common really is like coffee, you hate it at first, then after awhile you cant go through your day without it.

am1500 all the way. I feel I have outgrown the KQ morning show. At one time I enjoyed the whole am1500 show line up, but now I am only interested in GL. I met Soucheray a week ago at a wedding. He even kicked the drummer out of his spot for a song and played. We (mostly me) were a little inebriated so I did not speak too long to him. I listen to rush and beck during the day.

Hey tsande, I didn't like the Matt Thomas at all either, he was just missing something. Joe seems a millions time better.

KFAN gets my nod. Although I've never listened to WCCO or AM1500 so I have no idea what they are all about.

Common is probably the best radio personality out there. Once you figure it out. PA has a dam good show too. Never listen to the power trip.

Of all things, my favorite personality on KFAN has to be Carl Gerbschmidt whenever he "calls in" to Barreiro on the Bumpity-Bump

Sounds like there is a new sports station in town.

On Monday, February 15, we evolve again, and you will know us as AM1500 The SportsTalk Station.

Joe Soucheray and Patrick Reusse invented SportsTalk in this town - arguably in the country - and we look forward to featuring them together every afternoon. They are wonderfully talented entertainers and storytellers, as individuals and as a team, and they will anchor our new line-up that we think you will enjoy.

Patrick will be heard each day from noon to 2p.m. Joe and Patrick together from 2 to 4p.m., then from 4-6p.m. "The Mayor" resumes the magical theater of "Garage Logic."

Also, at the center of these changes will be a new partnership with ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports coverage. ESPN has a contractual obligation to another outlet in town for a period of time, but beginning Monday you will hear the Colin Cowherd program from 9a.m. to noon. Soon, we will also bring you ESPN's "Mike and Mike In The Morning," and some other great ESPN programming throughout the week.

When those pieces are able to unfold, we will change our name to 1500 ESPN Twin Cities.

Updated: 02/11/2010 06:12:16 PM CST

There's a shakeup going on at talk station KSTP-AM 1500. On Monday, the Hubbard-owned station is changing to AM1500 The Sportstalk Station.

But that name's only temporary. The station has entered into a partnership with ESPN Radio and will eventually take on the title of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities. A date for that change has yet to be announced because ESPN Radio currently has a contract with the Clear Channel-owned station KFAN (1130 AM) that could last up to 60 days.

Starting Monday, listeners will hear ESPN radio's Colin Cowherd from 9 a.m. to noon. Current morning show host Patrick Reusse will take over the noon to 2 p.m. timeslot and then join Pioneer Press columnist and KSTP host Joe Soucheray from 2 to 4 p.m. Soucheray's "Garage Logic" will then be heard from 4 to 6 p.m. In the short term, Joe Anderson and Scott Korzenowski will host the morning show, and once the ESPN moniker is in place, Anderson will move back to the 6 p.m. slot and the station will air ESPN's "Mike and Mike" show in the morning. Twins baseball will still be heard on the station, as well.

After struggling in the ratings, it was time for a change at AM 1500, said Dan Seeman, a vice president at Hubbard who helped make the switch happen.

"In a talk radio marketplace that's gotten pretty crowed, we've found that it's tough to succeed if you don't own a position," Seeman said. "KSTP-AM was the original talk station and for a long time that meant something — you could do some talk, some opinion, some sports. Well, then, all of a sudden you have specialized formats in conservative talk, liberal talk, sports talk, pop culture talk. We really decided we needed to settle on a position. And our strengths are Joe, Pat and Twins baseball. Sports, sports, sports."

As of Thursday, the station had gotten rid of weekday on-air folks including Bob Berglund, Jay Kolls, mid-morning show hosts Shawn Prebil and Chris Murphy, late-night host Al Malmberg and midday host Kelly Webb.

In a prepared statement, Sean Breen, a senior vice president at ESPN Media Networks, said, "We are pleased to welcome Hubbard Broadcasting and KSTP as an ESPN Radio affiliate. Hubbard's passion to serve the sports fan mirrors ESPN company-wide vision, and we look forward to serving the Twin Cities."

I wonder who's going to be making a run at the Vikings whistle

They better plan on boosting there weak signal that makes it difficult pick up the station after dark and more than 40 miles from the citys.

Seems like yesterday we had Rush, Lewis and Shacks guy Micshke.

Hopefully Bear-Facts and Fish-tales gets retained and I know Paul Brand had a pretty good following also...

They better plan on boosting there weak signal that makes it difficult pick up the station after dark and more than 40 miles from the citys.

Which station are you referring to? KFAN goes bye-bye when the sun goes down unless you're practically right under the broadcast tower.

I guess my point is if 1500 wants the Vikes they have to do a better job then they have with the Twins reception which went from top notch with CCO to atrocious with 1500.

My experience with KFAN in my car is always during the day so I can't comment on after dark reception as they have nothing of interest to me after B' signs off but that would make sense if they're saving power.

This is why I have XM. I am not forced to listen to the best of the worst and the lousiest of the best. I haven't listen to "terestrial" radio in 3 years and I don't miss it one bit. The old adage of "You get what you pay for" could never be truer when it comes to radio.

Hey guys I had the same problem with the bad reception. I live in clear lake and like to listen to garage logic in my garage. After numerous antenna boosting attempts I got an I-pod touch that gets wifi (same as I-phone but cheaper with no phone contract) there is a am1500 ap from I-tunes and with a docking station/ bench top radio I now get Joe crystal clear over the web. Theres also a Kfan ap but dont care for anyone on there.

Seems like yesterday we had Rush, Lewis and Shacks guy Micshke.

Hopefully Bear-Facts and Fish-tales gets retained and I know Paul Brand had a pretty good following also...

I agree Pier. I was pumped about am1500 getting the Twins at first. At the time I was a listening fool to that station, but that was in my car. I was in my car pretty much all day during that time for work. Then it hit. An evening game. smirk No radio in the house would pick up Am1500. I should have know this. I have sat their before listening with my ear up to the speaker to Bear Facts and Fish Tails grin

I have no clue what is going on with AM1500 any more. I used to love listening to Tommy Micshke (evening or mid-day), Joe on the way home, Willy & Jay in the morning, & Coast to Coast on occasion, while catt'in late at night. Since I put a personal/self ban on AM1500 since they let Micshke go grin I could care less wink .

Micshke is a very cool, nice, and respectful person. When I was sick, he did some very nice things for me, and I will never forget that. What I admired the most out of the things he did was the 10 minute voice mail he left me grin Half way threw you are going "good old Micshke" grin

I would hate to see Mark & Larry dropped, but the way AM1500 is managed now (or ESPN), a Minnesota legendary show means squat when it comes down to it. wink

The other thing is how is Joe "really" going to take the programing change? I was told by my fishing partner this weekend he said his show is not going to change one bit.

Quote:
I have sat their before listening with my ear up to the speaker to Bear Facts and Fish Tails grin

Speaking BF n' FT's it still bugs me that you can't "last time I checked" listen to the show on the web through a Pod-Cast. I've E-Mailed them several times telling to get with the times like Fan-Outdoors does and have the show available On-Line for people that miss the show on Sunday nights.