• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No juice

propster

Hey guys, need your help please. 2002 AC 375 4x4. Last ran it in early nov, started well, but I knew the battery needed charging before cold weather hit. Never got to it, so when I tried it the other day when it was cold, she cranked a little then died without starting. So I not only charged the battery but bought a new spare as well. Tried them both this weekend and get nothing from either one - no lights, sound, crank or anything. So obviously I've got a connection or fuse problem, or so I think. Can you tell me the first three most obvious things I should check for? The fuses for IGN, Acc and Lights in the box next to the battery under the seat are all good. Doesn't appear to be any problem (bare wire or disconnected leads) with either battery cable or the wiring from the fuses. It can't be just coincidental that something else goes wrong at the same time as I remove and reinstall the battery since the last time we cranked it (and it turned over), or can it? What do I look for? Thanks

Sounds similar to my DS when the pick-up coil went bad. It ran for a short period of time then out of the blue....nothing. When the p-u coil started going bad, the machine would only run with the lights on. Luckily I wasn't far from home when she went. But when it did, I had no power.

I'll check for that. Also turns out there is a "main" fuse somewhere on the frame near the right rear tire (the rest are under the seat and are good). I'll look for that too. And I'll look for an inline fuse also on the red power cable from the battery. Thanks guys, I'll let you know what it turns out to be so you can help some other poor soul down the road!

Got it. The main fuse is located inward form the tire where the battery cable comes down to a junction. Dirt covered so not easily noticeable at first. Cap comes off this little "box" and there's the fuse, 30 amps. It was blown. Might have touched the cables to the wrong terminal or something and sparked it and didn't notice. Fires right up now. Thanks guys.