• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cougar sighting in Champlin

jwhawkridge

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may seem small when we are able to travel the distance so quickly as we are in our automobiles, etc. Consider placing oneself smack in the center of 400 sections and what are the odds we could survive to come out before starvation or the elements overtook the average citizen?

By comparison, doesn't an average whitetail deer have a home range of about 1 square mile or am I mistaken?

Last week there was a call into the cops here, stating that there was a cougar running around Burnsville. It ended up being a big bobcat. I think there is a lot of people misidentifying cats thinking they are one thing and really another. However I know from personal experience that there are cougars south of the minnesota, but don't believe that they are in high number. The federal game officer that I spoke with did say that they are finding more evidence of them in the state the past few years. So who knows how many there truly is here. As for in champlin or burnsville or any other town I wouldn't not believe it.

Originally Posted By: Swill
75_demi_moore.jpg

Is this a photo of the actual cougar spotted in Champlin? Is it from a game camera?

This cougar roams the big lake area, mostly comes out at night.. Other cougars are the more common MN "snow pig" variety that roams freely throughout the state, feeding on bar food, but makes an annual migration to the state fair each August. Not to be confused with the green and gold snow pigs of the Wisconsin land. Those are even worse, they will drink all your beer!