• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where's Frank Mazzocco?

broodwich

Frank M. was on the radio with Pat Reusse yesterday. He will not be back next year as the Gopher hockey play by play guy. Frank was very classy during the interview. He did not rip anyone. Reusse later suggested that he was let go because he wasn't a big enough "Gopher Homer" this year for FSN. Frank was a bit too honest with his on air comments about the Gopher's poor season. Pat also hinted that Lucia did not like some of what Frank had said.

I need to get to the bottom of this. I would have to believe it was due to some kind of a disagreement or Frank wanted to leave. It is kind of funny. For the last 3 seasons or so, Frank and Woog have pretty much cheered against the Gophers. They definitely call the games more fairly than before and what most announcers do. I dont think Wooger even likes the team anymore.

I dont think you can get any better than Mazzaco for Woog. Woog will have to be fired next. Mazzaco pretty much drags woog along with him.

Oh boy, I think this is a loss. Wooger, maybe he needed to go, but Mazacco was good. I like Lapanta as a person. He is a nice guy, always covered our HIll Murray games back in the KABL days.

Wooger had lost his mind. Anyone hear the call this year when a guy was skating slow and Wooger said "what does he have [PoorWordUsage] on his skates"

Lapanta is annoying. Just sounds like he tries too hard with that voice.

Not a huge Masacco fan here but this is certainly odd, its almost as if the program is in such a mess that the play by play guys are getting the blame for the teams performance. Wooger may be a little out there from time to time but he knows the game and calls it like he sees it.

Not really sold on Lapanta but like the rest of the gophers I guess we will have to see what happens.