• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Tetonka Event

Well we closed out Southern Minnesota Leading Edge Tournament Series with some of the most impressive weights turned in for any of the events. I'll try to get some pics posted and I sent the standings to Dan Wood and asked him to put them up on www.FishingSavvy.com so you can find them there. This has been a lot of fun and a learning experiance as well. Bottom line I think everyone had fun, and for me that's what it's all about. Thanks everyone that participated and all of our sponsors.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

Thanks for doing such a great job Lucky!! I know you guys had a lot of fun, hopefully we can build on what you did this season.

I also know what has been going on concerning sponsors, etc. Not what LETS is all about at all, also hopefully you guys will decide to remain with LETS and not go the other direction. If you need anything, just let us know, we want you and the Southern division to succeed and grow.

Thanks to all who participated and see ya next year!!

I'm just sitting here waiting to see the pics and stuff.

Man, this is as much fun as icefishing. I think I'll fire up Free Cell.

Yeap. Know it's just like Ice fishing.

But seriously.

I had a good time at Tetonka. I would like to say thank you to everyone involved with L.E.T.S. and all the people at Best Point for making us feel at home.

It's good to know that there are good people like you out on the water.

Thank you again!

It was Pea soup. The splashes on my boat looked like paint and took hours to clean. We found most of our fish finding areas that was not covered by the green. Had alot of fun. Found some Bass using JR's spinnerbaits and Buzzbaits. Also had a couple walleye's and a jumbo perch hit the spinnerbaits so we dropped anchor, switched to a Rattle jig and minnow or Ring-n grubs and very quickly got a limit of very respectable Jumbo perch. That was the last thing I expected.

Thanks to the Southern LETS for having us. I hope you will continue on next season.

------------------
Brian Rogers
FM Sponsors

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 09-28-2004).]

Great job running things Lucky, the event was a lot of fun. Thanks to Dave Hoggard and whoever else helped out with lunch, that was very nice. Congrats to Matt/Brian for finding the perch and getting a pattern down to limit! We got a couple, but didn't get on the pattern.

Boy was that water green - that stuff was thick too, it wasn't just on the surface.. For pure numbers of 1.5-2 lb. bass, that lake is very tough to beat. There just aren't many small fish, even pitching small plastics we never did get one under 13-14". During prefishing we had a 20" and another that was much larger, so the big ones are there too... The walleye fishing was quite good too for numbers, although the fish we got weren't big - mostly in the 10-13" category. That lake is just plum full of fish it seems - we caught white bass, perch, walleye, pike, LM bass, and crappie during the event.

Lucky sent me the results, I just have had no time... I'll post the results from the Tetonka event and the overall that he sent over now and update on the HSOforum when I get some time.. If anyone has photo's for the HSOforum, please email them to me.

Tetonka Event (Sept. 25th)
Brian/Matt 23.2 lbs. 1st Place
Lance/Dan 16.1 lbs. 2nd Place
Red_Ball 15.9 lbs. 3rd Place*
BP Lady Anglers 8.9 lbs.** 4th Place
Team Lucky 7.8 lbs. 5th Place
Troutman 7.5 lbs. 6th Place
Camo-Marc 0
Rippin Lip 0

* Big fish award (11.5 lb. Pike)
** Triple Play Bonus 1 pt.

End of Year Order of Finish
Team Lucky 1st Place
Troutman 2nd Place
Red_Ball 3rd Place
Camo-Marc 4th Place
Rippin Lip 5th Place

I had a lot of fun at Tetonka, its an awesome fishery! That was a nice pike caught by Red_Ball and it was nice to see a lot of mixed bags brought in. Gotta love the green water, add a little ham and carrots and you could of had pea soup smile.gif The food was great and the weather was no different. Congrats to Team Lucky on finishing in first for the final standings!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

FM Sponsors

The to pike I caught, one 11.5lb and 4.2 ?lb were caught using an 18.5 foot fiberglass rod and spoons. It took 10mns to land the big one.
In the old days of cain poles and no reels, you know I would have had to throw the pole in and chase it around.
Just thought I'd add that tid-bit.
It's a very effective method to get over weeds and then drop down into deep water.
Just think of the sweep you have, up and down 18.5 feet. Front to back 37 feet. Add to that the slow tip and there is noway the fish will get a slack line. But you must remember to keep the rod tip up when landing a fish!!! You do not want to end up with the fish at the end of an 18.5ft pole. My net may be long but not that long.

Thanks again!

Red Ball

I did something similar to what you did on Tetonka back in June on Lk Zumbro. I had a 16' crappie rod baited w/ a bit of crawler, and was trying to work some suspended gills. My neighbor was with me, and had gotten a couple. I felt a hit, set the hook, and the rod didn't move - at least for a while. When it finally did, the rod was U shaped and my 6# test line was crying for relief. Ended up w/ a 24-25" NP at 3.5-4#. That was a blast! I can only imagine what the fight you had was like ...

FYI - I have the pics I took for you back. Send me your snail mail particulars to:

sportsman00 AT yahoo dot com

and I will get you the prints.

UG

That was a nice pike Red Ball.Thanks to the southern league for letting us fish.For the second straight year we've had great weather for these events.Hopefully next year we can fill all LETS leagues.

Bring on the Ice Series!

Lance

Thanks everyone that participated in the battle of pea soup on Tetonka! smile.gif I don't think I've ever seen it that green. Special thanks to Matt for posting the pics, and Dan for posting the results. Thanks guys.
This has been fun all year! Also a big thanks to our sponsors, and most of all you guys and gals that made this league possible by participating! Hope to fish it next year just won't have the time to organize it. Have a good Fall people, see ya on the ice.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

RedBall

I err'ed - left out an important part.....to much of hurry the other night I guess.

sportsman00 dot geo at yahoo dot com

So sorry....

Make sure the subject line says "LETS Pics" so I don't nail it by accident - the addr I gave you is my spam trap.

UG

[This message has been edited by Uncle Grump (edited 09-30-2004).]

Thanks so much for letting my friend Shirley and I fish in the tournament. We had a great time. It was a lot of fun. It was also nice meeting some of you.
<><Mary><>