• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UTVs

1900_LE

It would be nice to see. I think the majority on here own or have more experience on Class I ATVs.

Something more related to UTVs is a jury sided with Yamaha on the Rhino and determined there is no design flaw. All of this after they've installed the grab handle/strap, doors, and removed the sway bar in favor of installing wheel spacers on the rear end of the machines. All of this at no expense to the owners of the machines.

My dad has a Rhino but doesn't use it other than to take things down to the lake, pull the dock out, ice fishing and deer hunting. It's the 660 with a carb and is one cold blooded motor. Cabin noise is terrible with the intake coming into the cab between the passengers.

Those things aside, it's a work horse.

Sweet 1900_LE. Be sure to give us a full report on your on the new ride.

If I were in the market, the Teryx would be one of my first choices. It's going to take me a little time to warm up to the new front end they put on them for 2010.

I have the Polaris Ranger Heavy Duty. About 2 months old. Love it. Great work horse. Can't beat the self leveling rear shocks and the power steering. Haven't had it wide open yet. I've had it a little over 40mph and decided that was fast enough for me. Hopefully soon I will be able to try it plowing. Have the Glacier II plow setup.

landscaper

Ya, I can turn it with one finger if I want to even when it's hardly moving. I may have to adjust the front shocks a little though to stiffen it up a bit because it sags a little in the front when I connect up the plow and raise it.

My wife got me a 700 Ranger XP for my anniversary this year. I have the hard top, back and windshield with no doors. The engine gives off just enough heat that it is very comfortable on a mid 40 degree day with just a light jacket. The power, clearance and ride are unbelievable. I love it and can't wait to see what it will do on the ice & snow.

I picked up a Prowler XTX 3 weeks ago. Full cab, heater, wiper, doors and sliding rear window. Changed the head lights low and high beams out to HID. I can’t believe how much difference they make. If I was to do it again I might just change out the high beams. Have not had much of chance to use it yet. Still some things I need to do is put some kind of ice auger rack on it. One thing I really need to do is do something about the cab noise. The prowler its self is not loud, but sitting on top of the motor and transmission it is. I have had quads for sometime and mostly us the 4 wheelers in fall and winter for ice fishing. I had been thinking about the Prowler XTZ 1000 but after driving one and being able to go 80+ mph decided I did not need that.

Sweet 1900_LE. Be sure to give us a full report on your on the new ride.

If I were in the market, the Teryx would be one of my first choices. It's going to take me a little time to warm up to the new front end they put on them for 2010.

My first impression is I dont think anything will stop it. We have a lot of rock to climb around here. It will climb a 24" wall like it's on flat ground. There is quite a bit of heat from the engine tho. The real test will come when I come up to Mn ice fishing this winter. Maybe that heat will come in handy.