• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black wolf of Wakely Road

OK, OK, it ain't the "black wolf of the Fernberg," but I was on my way to a tree removal job along Lake Vermilion this morning when I jumped this black wolf feeding on a roadkilled deer.

This is an extreme crop in difficult circumstances, and I posted it just for fun. Unlike a few others I've photographed, this wolf did NOT want to hang around for portraits! gringrin

blackwolfsprints.jpg

You sure live in a photo rich enviroment. Down here in Bloomington things are not that diverse, but the other day I almost got a shot of a beagle irrigating one of my shrubs!

All kidding aside it must have been a thrill see such a great animal.

It was very cool. He was right in the ditch. As I approached, in the distance I saw what looked like a piece of black plastic flapping in the wind on the ground. But there wasn't any wind, and as I got closer I could see it was this guy and he was moving his whole body he was jerking so hard to get a chunk of meat off.

I was hauling a trailer with the pickup and couldn't slam on the brakes, but pulled a Uturn and came back and he skedaddled right out of there. Black as night, he was, with no other lighter hairs visible.

Steve maybe you should invest in a lap dog for all of your excursions, who knows you might be able to stop the wolves in their tracks!;)

Now that's not a bad idea! Of course, I dislike little yap-yap dogs so much I'd be tempted to put it out of its misery myself. wink