• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Comments about Wii

nofishfisherman

My kids are all grown and gone.Now i have a ps2,ps3,xbox all just being dust collectors.Would be a waste of money for me to buy a wii.Just dont make the time for these games.

I'll take that PS3 dust collector off your hands if you aren't using it. Thats the console I'd rather have just for myself but I can't afford it right now being laid off and all. The job issue is also going to be preventing me from getting the Wii for now as well. Dang the luck, now that I have time to play the games I can't afford them.

As long as we are talking about the Wii............My wife and I are getting our 9 yr old son one for xmas. What accessories are absolutely necessary? Like I see it only comes with 1 controller, do I need to buy a second controller right away? Can 2 or more people play the games that it comes with by taking turns on the 1 controller or is it essential that we get another one right away? Is there anything else that I need to get? I would hate for him to not be able to play with it right away on xmas morning because "santa" didn't buy all the right stuff!

you can play it one remote but, its a lot funner when you can play someone else. ie tennis, baseball,boxing.... the list goes on. boxing you need nun chucks also. so for two player you need two remotes and two nunchucks. the only theing you really need is the remotes all those other deals are just holders for the remotes to make it more real. on a side note you can bowl with one remote and just pass that remote around. (four seperate players one remote.)

great job on getting the wii for your child, look out its addicting. but they do tell you to rest so thats good for the kids.

From my experience playing with friends the 2nd controller really makes the experience. Being able to play tennis against the guy standing next to you is pretty fun.

I'd bet your family might end up around the tv for at least part of christmas day swinging those rackets for awhile. Believe it or not you can work up a good sweat doing that.

Other then the 2nd controller all the other stuff can wait for another day.

Get the version without the sports game. Then buy Wii Sports Resort.

It'll come with a Wii motion plus adapter for your controller, and if you look around, you can get another Wii motion plus adapter free.

Also, you'll want to invest either in some Energizer or Duracell recharger batteries. Either that or there's a Nikko charger kit for up to 4 chargers that you'll want.

These controllers go through batteries pretty quick.