• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clutch kits???

gr8icefishinmind

I run an EPI kit on my 660 Grizzly with 27/12 Vampires. Even with all the motor work Ive done to mine the clutch kit it by far the most important thing when running big tires.

What kind of wheeler do you have?

clutching is a huge gain regardless of mods on any CVT quad. There is a fine tuning science involved and a set up for one person may not be ideal for some one else.

I have been using a fully modified primary and secondary clutches on my polaris for years with no issues at all. If anything I think I have improved belt life, and the whole setup also runs a lot cooler. Most importantly the performance gained is hands down one of the best mods you can make on a CVT quad.

Larger tires will increase the rolling resistance due to the larger diameter and the added weight.

By not adding a clutch kit, you risk damaging your transmission and/or your belt on a CVT. By adding a clutch kit, you can fine tune your machines drive system as rundrave referred to by increasing the engagement RPM and your shift points.

Either way, larger tires will reduce your top end speed if that's a concern on a utility machine.

but i'm sure i would notice some difference just curious what it would be!!

that's the thing, there are so many variables its hard to say what would work for you.

do you want more low end grunt? do you want more shift out and top speed? lower engagement, higher engagement?

i cant offer any after market clutch setups for a kawi, but try to find some and give them a call or email. tell them what kind of rider you are, what terrrain you ride in, what you want your machine to do etc etc. Most of the after market companies will tell you exactly what you need get you set up, you just have to let them know what you want.

again there are lots of variables that come in to play, and it may take some tinkering to get it dialed in.

I dont even want to know how many clutch springs, weights, helixes etc etc I have. It took me a while to get my quad to engage where I wanted it, shift out to where I wanted it, and what kind of back shifting I wanted.

good luck

Well what i ended up doing was going with a maroon primary and almond secondary spring on the ole brute! With these spring i gained major low end torque while only giving up about 4 mph top end!! Made a huge difference and was easily the cheapest mod i have done so far! Have aadded a dynatek cdi, dynajet kit, epi clutch springs, and exhaust! Found it was much cheaper to just go with clutch springs instead of a whole kit!! My brute is happy and so am i!!