• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Genmar will be Sold!!!!!!!!

bassNspear

Really what it means is that there will no longer be a Genmar Minnesota. Whomever wins the bidding on january 7th will be a new company and owners (whether it is Irwin Jacobs or anyone else).

We will not find out the future of our plant until the sale is over and we find out what parts of the company the buyer wants.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Spear

theres another reason to a have a Yar Craft!!!!!!!..lol

Now if Yar Craft would only sponsor a large national tournement series and pay out some serious contingency money they might be a player....... grin

Just a little ribbin'. Nice boats and yes, are a top quality boat.

Thanks for well wishes TR21HP! Unfortunatly it reaches farther than just Little Falls, we are not the only ones that may lose jobs. In all reality when this is done someone somewhere will go unemployed, it is just to bad it has to happen:(.

As for Little Falls and the surrounding area he LARSON brand has been a staple of the community for 100 years, if it where to leave and be built elsewhere it would be a shame.

In another month we will all know how it turns out.

ya i'm not sure it was actually crestliner that put that doe

up for those tournys i think it was jacobs himself wasnt it

i guess it kinda all comes outa the same pot

i've been outa work for over year so ya its bummer for you guys down there not exactly alot to pick from down there either

crestliner pretty popular boat though i would think someone

will pick it up just a matter of how many of you they bring back

so do you mean larson is still operatoring then ??

i had a crestliner angler for 20 yrs good boat (fiberglass)

then larson was building them for a couple yrs then they quit to

to bad they were good boats

thats why i had to go to the yar craft and i'm happy !!!!!

yes it is a top of the line boat!!!!!!!!!!!

gregg, Crestliner is owned by the Brunswick corp as of a few years back so they are not involved in this situation. They have lost jobs this past year also but are not part of this bankrupcy issue. As of now Larson is still operating, we hope to continue going forward.

No word to us. Actually I think the papers and net have the info before us. I did see a bankrupcy notice(from a newspaper) that stated the date of sale to be Jan 13th. Maybe it has pushed back a week. What a suprise!

Also, I actually get to speak one on one to Irwin Jacobs at the Little Falls plant. It was nice to hear his frustration with this whole situation. He didn't talk like he was the former CEO, he sounded like us workers, a frustrated, tried regular guy.

BnS, you would have had to been there (in the Jon no less). It wasn't a rehersed conversation at all. Lets just say he made his feelings about the mess loud and clear, was quiet cool really!

Besides he doesn't have may opponents at the Little Falls plant, he has always treated us well.

I have to say that I had the chance to meet Mr Jacobs on two different occassions. THe first time was right after I returned from Iraq and he was visiting Camp Ripley. He wanted to sit and talk with a few guys that had just returned. What was supposed to be a 30 minute meeting turned into 3 hours. Me and another soldier pulled out our pictures and he wanted to see all of them and hear the story behind them. Left there with a very nice feeling towards him. Shortly after that, Richard Pearson and I started looking for funding for Operation Muskie. So I pulled out Mr Jacobs personal business card he had given me, called his office, explained what we were doing and the only question he had was "How much do you need?" Less than a week later, there was a 10K check in the bank on behalf of the Genmar employees to the vets. Showed me alot! My brother in law has been working for Genmar for 15-16 years hauling boats and they have been very good to him as well. My hope is that Mr Jacobs gets the companies and the plants will stay how they are and keep everyone happy!!

Genmar goes Platinum 1/8/2010

Sources close to the Genmar bankruptcy proceedings have confirmed that Platinum Equity of Beverly Hills, Calif. has prevailed in the auction of the company's holdings, although official word has not landed.

"It's a good day for Genmar dealers," said Rick Grover, owner of Anglers Marine in Anaheim, Calif.

More on this story will be published as information becomes available.

platnum is the biggest company inLA with 11.8 billion in aquired asstets

the company that put deal togehter has done aquisitions all over world with offices in US-Uk-China=Hong Kong-Japan

so money was not an obiect

means boat plants in liitle falls are not being purchaesd but boat lines manufactured and technology is aquired

luckily they are west coast companies so news could come in all evening

call there and they are so hush its wild

mention there names and they could sue you for wrong info good luck hope that 13th is good news and not like this is sounding

what size boats does fincraft make and do you suppose that vec technology can get a new line of fishing boats up and running in one heck of a hurry?

seems like all I kept hearing couple years ago was that 200 dealers were ready to sell 1200 boats a year

maybe something will come of use of plants in falls to save the town

its like the la money is a cry similar to Paul Revere not paul larson yelling somebody is coming