• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Windows 7

upnorth

We tested it on a few machines at work doing updates from xp to 7 and also clean installs. We had major driver issues doing the updates, wound up needing to ghost the machines back to xp reformatting and doing clean installs to get them to load 7.

Upgraded 2 weeks ago to 7 Ultimate from Vista Home Premium and have had zero issues (needed 1 updated driver, but was notified about it before upgrading). I did the in-place upgrade and it took about 3 hrs. I made sure to back up everything prior to the upgrade. I also picked up a new laptop last Thursday with 7 Home Premium and have had no issues with that one either.

The way things are today most "problems" encountered are a google search and 5 minutes of reading from no longer being a problem.

Isnt that the truth! One day soon there will no longer be a need for IT Support. Im a Network Admin myself and have found many many answers to questions by typing my question in the all knowing Google Monster lol

Isnt that the truth! One day soon there will no longer be a need for IT Support. Im a Network Admin myself and have found many many answers to questions by typing my question in the all knowing Google Monster lol

Shh! Don't let anyone in on our IT secrets... wink

Originally Posted By: Jakesbuds

Shh! Don't let anyone in on our IT secrets... wink

It ain't always that easy. I am sitting on google trying to find out if it is possible with an HP Procurve switch to put DSCP EF tags on the packets entering that port. But yes most of the time google is a wonderful thing. Most often than not you can find it on google if you know what you want to find.

i got it on one of my computers a few weeks before it was released and i am very pleased. its faster then vista for sure and seems easy. haven't had any problems so dont know what to say. my roommate had the client release or beta all of last year and he liked it as well. i haven't put it on my computer yet becasue my school does not yet support it haha should be soon though