• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

first swimbait

Nice work Jake. My paint jobs and finish aren't close to what you did or what I've seen in here. I'm most concerned with action and if I can fool a fish or two. The top cranks are 20-ish inches with the really big walleye pattern (shown in front of the pickup tire before the diving lip was added) being closer to 26. The ones shown on the pieces of paper are all about 10 - 16 inches. I've been able to test them in a pool and so far am encouraged. At some point I need to figure out the best way for an epoxy finish on them for more durability but for now I'll roll with them like this.

Most of them look really bad but I guess that's what happens when the fumes get too thick in my garage. I'm experimenting with several sizes and shapes.

skicrank.jpg

ATT28000666.jpg

crank1.jpg

crank2.jpg

Box,

I got to see your pike bait up close last night. That is quite the big crank. Marc said you were impressed with it's action. I might have to get a big pike bait like that by fall! Nice work. I think the paint jobs would be just fine.

I've used Devcon 2 ton also a couple of times. Works well, but even this "30 minute" epoxy only gives you about 5-10 minutes of open time. It's also getting very hard to find this stuff. My local True Value has a spot for it on their shelf, but it's never stocked. I had to order it online.

Note: Do not try to topcoat with the 5 minute stuff. It's also very strong & durable, but it hardens way too fast and will yellow over time.