• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MBRB Pigs Eye--have any of you done it?

BradB

I really wanted Crosby this year, so I only applied for it and Pigs Eye (drawn after Crosby). I didn't get it and I was drawn as a high number alternate for Pigs Eye. On this hunt we can't pre-scout as the area is locked. So I'm going to show up and just walk into the woods and hope I luck on a good spot.

Have any of you done it? Any tips? I've done Poplar, Battle Creek, and Otter Lake and am willing to share tips on those.

Thanks. It would be great if we could use this board to help each other out. While the coordinators have all been great in the hunts that I've done, I've learned a lot more from the other hunters. Some MBRB hunters like to be competitive it seems, but there are a bunch of us who have been trading emails and tips over the years to help each other be safe and successful.

I saw they were doing the Crosby hunt today when I drove down Shepard Road. Are any of you doing that hunt? I heard last year they saw a lot of bucks on the doe weekend but never heard about the second.

Oh, and good luck to you guys in Belwin. That looks like a huge area.

92Python, I too wish we could IM. I assume you've done this hunt? Could you give some basic details about the types of trees, things to watch out for (itchweed, sinkholes)and anything else that is general enough not to give away your secrets to the public?

I did Crosby last year but haven't done Pigs Eye. Have heard a few things about it and know there were 6 deer taken there last year. I also have done Long Lake, and Galewoods. Am doing Oakdale this year.

Are you a member on archery talk? I have the same handle and PMs are allowed.