• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paranormal Activity

Born2Fish

I just went the other night and watched a special midnight showing of this movie. Gotta say it was a little more than I had expected. I figured it to be a hour of so-so suspense. Turns out it was better than I thought. Suspense was off the charts. If you are a fan of anything paranormal, I would recommend this movie. Of course on the opposite side of that, if you are not a fan of a entire movie being filmed from a handheld(it was done with the perspective being from the couple whom are the stars of the movie), then you probably won't enjoy this. Though it wasn't shaky at all, the movie was mainly done from a tripod set up inside the couples room. All I can really say is, go take a look at this one yourself. I'll go out on a limb and say spookiest movie made in the past 5-10 years.

I tried to go and see it last weekends at Southdale. The entire side of the mall lot was filled with movie goers. Drove in, drove out.

I've heard good and bad reviews. I enjoyed Blair Witch, so I bet I would like it.

We went to it last night and this movie was awesome! Very scary you just never know what is going to happen next. I like how it was filmed from a handheld, it was something unique and i think that it really separates it from other movies. I agree with the scariest movie in the last 10-15 years... loved it and highly recommend it.

Had high hopes and was dissappointed...worst money I ever spent....1000 times worse than Blair Witch...wouldn't even watch it if it was free...Suspense? Alfred Hitchcock is rolling over in his grave...it's no wonder it only cost 15K to make.

Sorry to hear that Geno. I guess you have to be a fan one way or the other to really enjoy it. I also watched Zombieland and Surrogates. I liked Zombieland quite a bit(Woody Harrelson is one VERY funny guy). I wasn't all that impressed with Surrogates though. Reminded me WAY to much of I Robot.

Yep Born, it kinda depends on your anticipation level and experiences going into it....but the ENTIRE theatre was griping on our way out, so for that showing at least, a huge majority disliked the movie. (And my GF is into all that supernatural stuff and she thought it was a really bad movie too)

To each their own I agree.

I think it was a total ripoff of “The Blair Witch Project”. Same shaky camera, same odd marketing campaign.

What I was most upset about is that some people referred to it as “the scariest movie ever” and “visibly shaken”. C’mon this was nothing new. No new ideas and even had a few flaws in the story.

For what is was worth, “The Blair Witch” was at least a new concept with some fresh ideas and IMO was a bit on the disturbing side for anyone who’s ever spent the night in a tent in the middle of nowhere.