• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One last goodbye

Jim Almquist

We closed on the cabin today and after all the paper work was done we went to the cabin to show the new owner how everything operated ( 1st time home buyer)and then it was time to say goodbye and this guy was hanging around to say one last goodbye cry

Shot with the 400mm and no crop

LB7D7107copy.jpg

400mm with the 1.4 teleconverter and no crop

LB7D7131copy.jpg

Nice Pics.... I bet that was a tough goodbye.... hard to leave places you have been for a long period of time... wife and I are closing on a new home early next month and we will be leaving our first ever home together behind.... lots of memories in that place...i'm sure the same for you too!

That had to have been a little tough. I suppose baldy woudn't come with you? wink Nice shots for the grand finale. I hope you thanked him for sticking around long enough for you to throw on your 1.4.

However, if my house sells soon, I won't have even 1 regret. smile

Man,that is sad. frown

Just didn't use it anymore?

The cabin was a meeting spot for friends and family all year round. With the wife going back to school and I have been on a 32 hour work week since January we just could not afford it anymore.

This eagle was one of those BIG one's that fly off the moment you even look like you might stop to take a picture but instead he was very cooperative.

Jay I have been upgrading some of my equipment(reason for selling guns and other stuff)so I have a 400mm 5.6 and a 1Dmk11. I still will not part with my 100-400. I also sold my 30D along with my 17-85.

The 400mm 5.6 is a very sharp lens and I thought even with the 1.4 it still looks pretty good.

Geez I get a 30D and everyone one else stats upgrading. I am selling a my XT and a few sigma lenses I never use to a lady I work with. Then I plan on getting a canon 17-40mm/f4 usm L. I want a wide angle lens to play around with and carry when I am hiking, the 100-400mm just doesn't work for well for landscapes. I am probably going to wiat a while before I upgrade the body yet.

Them are some very nice pictures.Thats to bad about the cabin.I have been debating on a prime 400mm L IS lens or the 100-400mm L IS lens.your comment about not wanting to part with your 100-400 tells me you really like that lens.That is the lens i had kinda decided on.

Them are some very nice pictures.Thats to bad about the cabin.I have been debating on a prime 400mm L IS lens or the 100-400mm L IS lens.your comment about not wanting to part with your 100-400 tells me you really like that lens.That is the lens i had kinda decided on.

If you are going to shoot only wildlife I would go for the 400mm 5.6 but if you have other thing in mind to shoot the 100-400 is a good choice.