• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: KMR85
Sheppard sucks!

Thats a kind way of putting it!

Haha! There is no other way to put it at this point. He needs to be sent packing.

I agree with the observation that Havlat doesn't like to shoot the puck. He had opportunities to put it on net in OT and he tried to make pretty passes. I hope the team can find a way to clear cap room and bring in someone that can score at least 30 goals. Pretty sad that we'll be going 2 years in a row without a 30 goal scorer.

For some reason the PR side of the Wild talked him up as the replacement for Gabby. He's a passer, Gabby is a shooter. Not that he's not a quality player, he just needs to be paired with a shooter, not another passer. That was what seemed to be working well with him and Latendress and him and Earl. Pairing him and Koivu never seemed to do much since they were both looking to make a play before shooting the puck.

Well are you guys happy now? Usaully this time of year we are looking forward to the playoffs and now this...

Richards may have brought the new game plan that everyone wanted but for the last 20 games the Wild have no motivation. Havlat is a bum, what was mn thinking signing him for 4 mil, he isn't even a decent 2nd liner and lazy. The only bright spots this year are Latendress and Earl.

Burns needs to go, Havlat needs to go, Kobesew needs to go, the whole defence except for Scott and only keep him because he can have Boogaards wing spot.

Well, I was thinking we'd at least get a good draft pick out of this, but there are some really bad teams in the east, and the Oilers will be hard to beat when it comes to overall terribleness. If we were in the east, we would be in 1 point out of playoff spot.

We would end up #11 pick if the season ended now. I'm guessing we'll drop in the standings and pull out a #9 pick.

It was another pathetic game last night, We got a good nucleus of players, they just need to add some more pieces. I disagree with your take on Havalt, get some players around him, just like Gaborik (when on the ice) was good but needed another good player with him. Lets give Fletcher and Richardson another offseason to add players they need. Lantandresse is huge piece, lets get another dominate center and winger!! PLEASE,PLEASE dump sheppard, and Ebbett PLEASE!!!!!!!! Trade Harding for some draft picks, and lets giver heck next season!

Well are you guys happy now? Usaully this time of year we are looking forward to the playoffs and now this...

Richards may have brought the new game plan that everyone wanted but for the last 20 games the Wild have no motivation. Havlat is a bum, what was mn thinking signing him for 4 mil, he isn't even a decent 2nd liner and lazy. The only bright spots this year are Latendress and Earl.

Burns needs to go, Havlat needs to go, Kobesew needs to go, the whole defence except for Scott and only keep him because he can have Boogaards wing spot.

New coach, new gm, new system. My expectations were not very high for the team this year. I know we should win the cup every year but come on lets be a little realistic. The new gm inherited a mess, the team isn't good enough to make a cup run and the farm system is very weak with the exception of a few D prospects. We are stuck in the middle between greatness and rebuilding so its going to take some time to figure that out. Lets give out new gm/coach some time to get the players in they want and hopefully they start drafting a lot better.

I'm sure more time isn't what people want to hear but its exactly what we need. A lot will depend on the offseason, if we can add some talent I think we make the playoffs next year, but guess what every team in the league is looking for talent so its not alwasy easy to just go pick up a 2nd line center who can score 60-70 point.

Originally Posted By: 10,000 Casts

New coach, new gm, new system. My expectations were not very high for the team this year. I know we should win the cup every year but come on lets be a little realistic. The new gm inherited a mess, the team isn't good enough to make a cup run and the farm system is very weak with the exception of a few D prospects. We are stuck in the middle between greatness and rebuilding so its going to take some time to figure that out. Lets give out new gm/coach some time to get the players in they want and hopefully they start drafting a lot better.

I'm sure more time isn't what people want to hear but its exactly what we need. A lot will depend on the offseason, if we can add some talent I think we make the playoffs next year, but guess what every team in the league is looking for talent so its not alwasy easy to just go pick up a 2nd line center who can score 60-70 point.

Well said. The new staff inherited a mess and the club needs time to rebuild. I didn't have very high hopes this year after so many changes were made off the ice. We need an off season to hunt prospects and get our bearings aligned. I'm fairly happy with the decisions and progress made up to this point. The past few losses (post Olympics) have been tough, but it's nothing new to the Wild.

I found it funny last night that after the game when Gorg was interviewing Sheppard that Gorg commented on Richards shutting the media out of the locker room for a team-only meeting. So, instead of anyone relevant to talk to for an interview. They decide to throw Sheppard out there. That's what it seemed like at least... laugh

Yes, please dispose of him.

They had a team only meeting and made Shep sit outside? Wow, that's rough.

I only saw a little bit of the second and third periods. Stopped watching and watched some HS hockey instead. Wild were not good last night.

Too bad we didn't tank the whole season. We'll probably get a #7 pick at best after this year. Just missing or just making the playoffs doesn't do much for getting prospects for rebuilding. Unfortunately that's what we've done for the last 5 years.

I have faith in Havlat and the organization. I would much rather trade for players than have drafts though. Drafts are going to take too long and lets face it we are the worst at it. Trade our #1 with shepard and Harding and pick up a proven 25 year old.

I traded Shepard for a pair of shoes last night, the shoes dont fit. What do I do? I feel as if I did get a good deal.

With this team we have this year, with a good coaching staff and last years game plan, we are sitting in the 8th spot right now. These last 4 games are the most important games of the year and they come off the Olympics and the smoke the Flames in their house and get a point in Edmonton. Then they come home and ...... the bed against the team they just killed and one of the worst teams in the east. IMO it's all coaching and motivating your team this late in the season.

Lets see what happens tonight against a good Buffalo team...

Your probably right, with this team and last years coach we might be in the 8th spot, but once again we would be one and done in the playoffs going no where in the future!!! The wild needed this change to move foward and be cup contenders!! If your just happy with a playoff appearance then I understand why your upset, but I am tired of MN fans being happy with the, "at least we made the playoffs mentality!" I want to see the Wild win a cup, and its going to take this loosing season to build for the following year!

Took the words right out of my mouth walleyes12. Forget this barely making the playoffs [PoorWordUsage], lets build a team that can contend and then go for the whole thing. I think we have some pieces to the puzzle now but we have a lot of work to do.

You guys are right about what we need to do in the post season. No more sqeeking in. We need to advance and have a chance.

I think you are off about us making it to playoffs with last years coaching and management.

We wouldnt have Latendresse, and we would be seeing way too much Shepard, and Backstrom hasnt looked strong enough to hold teams to 1 or 2 goals. And we dont need to have our prospects sitting in the press box vs playing in the AHL.

Wild sign NCAA free agent Casey Wellman from UMass. Sounds like a good pickup to me, most everyone in the NHL was hot after this guy. Nice to see our GM pull a decent prospect out of thin air.

"Wellman, a 6-foot-1, 185-pounder led UMass with 23 goals as a sophomore this season, which put him in a tie for sixth in the nation. His 45 points ranked second among the Minutemen. Wellman also ranked second on the team in scoring during his freshman season in 2008-2009, tallying 11 goals and 22 assists to lead all Hockey East freshmen, and earning All-Rookie Team honors."

I really like the wild taking a shot with Wellman, We are in need of center and I think he has all the potential!!

Nice to see the Wild pull 3 straight wins out, Its along shot to make the playoffs but atleast they are still fun to watch.

Props to the Wild for picking him up!!! 6'1" 180 is a huge stretch... I saw somewhere he was listed at 6'0" 160. But he looks like a pure goal scorer and I am happy to see the Wild sign him.

Anyone see the Boogy fight Sun night? Wow... awesome fight, Boogy came out of it with 4 stitches above his nose and 2 black eyes. And I think he won!

Ya that was a good fight, its been awhile since I have seen Boogy bloody. I really like seing big John Scott on the ice lately, he really kept Edmonton straight lastnight.

Whats everyones thoughts on Jamie Sifers? My opinion hes playing outstanding, smart heads up hockey, a real solid D-man! no points yet, but +2. I wouldnt mind seing him play out the rest of the season.

We drop two in a row, now with 11 games to go and 6 points out with three times in front of us. Can we call it a season?

I like that Fletcher is getting into the college free agent pool. Granted it's not a high chance of getting a quality player, but hey, we need to stock the pantry in a bad way. This Wellman kid has had a lot of talk going on about him. I missed tonight's game, but hopefully he plays the next one. I'd like to see what he's got.

Man the wild sure have blown it. THe press sure has been wrong about how many points were needed and how many games would need to be won.

We have dropped some games to some bad teams. We coulda made it. Oh wait we are a bad team. Im calling it a season. It is all practice now.