• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Reservation Book is open

Patsy has decided to start taking reservations for the fish houses. Everything is the same this year as it was last year. Same price, same check in/check out. Good fishing everyone. smile

Its nopt all the same, we have lots of new stuff. Like soft no slip rubberized flooring on top of the insulated floors, we added another big house to the line up and we remodeled the little two man house making it the big two man house...I had a double hernia repair and Kelly has a freshly healed ankle. Even the operators had work done. See lots of improvements and repairs. grin

the last 2-4 years there seems to have been fishable ice out to about the first break or so 1-2 miles out......good walleye and pike action in begining to middle december but it all depends on mother nature......there usually aren't many sleepers out at that time though.....

Was out around Christmas last year and had a AWESOME time watching the wife and kids and a uncle catch more fish than I could handle at one time. The two times around Christmas I was out I felt like a guide, Baiting hooks, taking out hooks, untangling lines, cleaning, and cooking fish. But the smiles on everyones face as they were realing in the fish was PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzie called it about right as far as early ice. We usually don't pull the big sleepers out until X-Mass time. A low pressure system with some snow and wind coming across the lake when there is only 12 inches or so of ice can make things real ugly and really scary really quick. Depending on the weather and ice we may pull some of the smaller sleepers out to the breakline a little earlier.

Hey we are heading up on the 19th of Dec and was wondering if you had openings for a group of 5 for that day.. around 1 or so we will be getting there. just thought we might try our luck there one night... not a sleeper, just a house for half a day.

Kelly - Question for your outfit. We have come up for the past few years with our wheelhouse's. This year we will probably have more people than we can fit. So we are thinking of using an outfitter for the overflow. Are you ok with us getting a 4 - 6 person house, and then having 2 wheelhouses in the same vicinity? I have read your posts for years (and finally met you last year on the ice) so I know we do not want to be right on top of each other. But within running distance would be nice.

If that is not a deal breaker, we will call Patsy and make a reservation.

Thanks!