• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Advise on getting people onboard?

Looking for advise on getting someone to join and post their work. I tried awhile back with one person who shoots wildlife locally,but they had an insecurity complex about others commenting on "their" work,and feared C&C to the point of it being a new phobia. grin

I've been trying to get a gal to join up here and post some of her work,but she's just too shy-what should be said to re-assure her that she would be among friendly,like minded folks? [you don't have to include me grin]. She's very talented and has shot a few weddings with me with her 5D.

So what's the magic words? confused

MM have her visit and look over the posts. There just plain and simple is no commenting on photos for critique unless asked for. This is a photo sharing board, not a photography site devoted to critique. As Harvey says, one big happy family that just enjoy beautiful photography and the outdoors in general.

MM have her visit and look over the posts. There just plain and simple is no commenting on photos for critique unless asked for. This is a photo sharing board, not a photography site devoted to critique. As Harvey says, one big happy family that just enjoy beautiful photography and the outdoors in general.

Just keep her away from the outdoors formum...that will scare her to death. grin

Keep her away from DPR or she'll never post anything online.

Posting pictures is tough for a lot of people, it's a big risk putting yourself out there that way to a bunch of anonymous strangers.

Dan and Canon Guys suggestion of having her visit and see that this isn't a harsh rough and tumble place would probably help.

Maybe get permission from her for you to post a shot or two of her work, then she can get an idea of how her photos will be received without directly exposing herself?

The photo board is the first one I open each morning. Yet I dont believe I have posted many pix on here. I just love to see others work and am excited by the chance to see a few new members. Its so much fun to see how others can see through a camera and make what your looking at even more beautiful than it was in real life.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

I appreciate all who have posted picts and ask that they keep coming. And any new who have reservations about posting your work, please reconsider, for those like me anyway.

tell her I need her!!! explain nicely that this gal on the board is struggling with images, and really needs some good sound advice (not too far from the truth either!!) and could sure use the advice of a photographer like you said she is!! I'm shy too, but feel right at home here posting pics and checking out others,, I have found it very interesting to see others points of interests with images posted,,

my name is Sue and I need help!! LOL