• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Testing the Mark III, and a surprise!

Got my new mark III last night late, so couldn't get any shooting done until after work today. Took the puppies for a walk to take some shots of them and hopefully some color:

PM-2.jpg

PM-1.jpg

Lo and behold, I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye:

PM-3.jpg

Light was absolutely wrong. Bright sun and blue sky for background, and he was swinging back and forth behind the shade of nearby trees. Timed a few right and got some decent shots:

PM-4.jpg

PM-5.jpg

Had the 70-200 2.8 on at the time, so good glass helped.

Real testing starts tomorrow with a swim meet in a dark pool and on Friday with a football game. So far I like what I see.

Mike, yours is on it's way tomorrow! Enjoy!

Sweet marten captures, Ken. Sometimes they run like heck and sometimes they get curious. Cool that you got Curious George.

Those Mk3 files will be mighty clean at iso3200 in the dark pool tomorrow. With the Mk3 and the 5D, you've got Canon's two best noise performers and for my money the best time tested one-two punch in the Canon lineup.

Thanks all. Yeah, sometimes those things are as tame as a cat. I've had 'em sit within 10 feet of me sometimes like I wasn't even there.

Dan, I'm giving the Mark III a try. Going to shoot the heck out of it over the next few days in as many different situations as I can. We'll see. So far, so good!