• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

elevated shooting

slopmaster

Wondering how many of you, if any, find your bow shooting high or in this case low in an elevated stand compared to on the ground. personally i've never had this problem but when my girlfriend shoots from a tree stand she seems to shoot low. Has anyone else had this problem? and i ranged from the bottom of the tree to the target so i know its the same distance as when shooting on the ground.

Does she realize its only the horizontal distance that matters not the line of sight? So the same pin used to shoot from the ground is the same to use from the tree.

It helps to use a 3D target. Put her up in the stand with field tips and you move the target around for her to shoot at from different angles so she understands the angle of impact and how it relates to the vitals. Good for understanding quartering shots too.

The same goes for uphill shots.

My pins have always been exactly the same on the ground as they are 30 feet in the air. I really dont think it makes a huge difference shooting elevated compared to on the ground. I would watch her when she shoots on the ground compared to how she shoots from a tree, she is maybe losing her form when she is up in the air. A few people I know like to try and follow there arrow when they shoot from a tree and that causes them to flinch. She could also be tipping her bow one way or the other when she shoots from the tree, make sure shes holding it level.

This should not be an issue unless you are at an extreme anglea. I usually sit up about 20 feet and I alwasy range the trees that are at ground level and 20 feet up, there has never been more then a 1 yard difference. She may be changing her form when up in the tree, always remember to bend at the waste when shooting down.

Yep DonBo is allways right she should draw her bow like she was shooting from the ground and then bend her waist to get to the target. If you point you bow at the animal and then draw,your anchor point will feel the same but the string angle will be differet causing you to shoot higher or lower.