• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite MN State Fair Food!!!

I almost forgot...something from the Schumacher's booth. Since the place in New Prague closed....need a fix!

A quick note, I live in New Prague and Shumacher's is reopening very soon. It's not going to be the same exact menu but I think it's all John's Recipes. He's out of retirement by popular demand. The sign just went up a couple of weeks ago and the doors should be open soon.

Just so we don't get off-topic - Mini-Donuts are my fave, follwed by fresh lemonade (the kind made from real lemons)

My family and I snuck down to the fair today (opening day) and it wasn't near as crowded as we expected. (though it really began to fill in around 4:30)

We had a few of the old favorites and tried a few new things.

I am all about the cheese curds from the food building but we gave a place over by machinery hill a try (near where Raven the dog hangs out) Those were good, but I personally didn't think they were quite like the food building.

The jerky from over in that area is always pretty good.

The one new item we tried this year was the Australian potatos. Deep fried slices with a light batter. Was not impressed with those. Pronto pups were good as always along with the milk shakes from the dairy building. (My wife tried teh Caramel Apple one and really liked it)

Sweet Martha cookies are always a good treat. When the viper jerky came out a year or two ago...I tried it as I love hot stuff....eh, not worth the 4 bucks.

My wife got to see a birth of a calf...Ouch is all she could say and it made her think twice about birth....(though she did say thank god for the epideral)

Enjoy! Most of the food vendors are there and alot of the prices are the same as past years.

I wanted to try the peach glazed pig cheeks at famous dave's but forgot to get them. If someone tries them, I'd love to hear your thoughts.