• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Iowa Speedway

Our family went to the first ever Nationwide race at Iowa Speedway on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and a great race.

The flyover following the National Anthem. It went directly over our heads, and was so low we felt the roar of the engines.

3783065239_c8be814aed_o.jpg

The first lap, heading for turn 1

3783874596_4114991437_o.jpg

A view of the suites, press box, and spotters...and the crowd of ~57,000

3783874764_4b96fea580_o.jpg

Heading into turns 3 and 4 on the final lap. Brad Keselowski held off Kyle Busch for the win.

3783065981_498f74f0a2_o.jpg

The burnout

3783066185_a4c866b2b4_o.jpg

Does look like fun, I am a little anti-nascar tv watcher, I just can't seem to enjoy it. However I think actually being at the race would be way different. I enjoy going out to the Red River Valley Speedway when the Outlaws are here and it is fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Paul,

You're correct about actually being there. I'm not a huge fan and downright anti-TV when it comes to Nascar but I went to the Vegas Race a couple of years ago, and it's quite the spectacle. Interesting people and the sounds are unbeleiveable. You just don't get that on TV

There were nine of us that went - the only two males were my hubby and nephew. Out of the seven females, four of us had been to a race, two don't like racing, and the remaining one was the reason we went on the trip (she was bummed that Joey Logano wasn't there). The two that don't like racing thought it was much better in person, but they also had the attitude of "well, I've seen it once, don't have to do that again."

Those of us who are bigger fan had a blast. The racing is so much better in person because of the sights, sounds, smells you don't get on TV. There was a lot of racing all over the track, not just the front runners, which they don't always show on TV.

The most fun part for the kids (ages 14, 15, 17, 18, 19) was the tailgating and playing games in the parking lot. We tailgated before and after the race, which made the whole day a lot more relaxing.