• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Nick Kuhn

This is why I don't play CoD...

As if this stuff is limited to CoD laugh

Relatively speaking yes. Sure all FPS games have some sort of glitch, but the magnitude and frequency of glitches on MW2 is ridiculous.

Halo 3 top glitch: If you drop the oddball as you melee with it it's a 1 hit KO. Practically a useless exploit.

Unreal Tournament 3 Glitches: You can use the transport gun to get outside a few maps, but a barrier prevents firing back into the map. This glitch is completely useless.

FPS's are not sandbox games, there's relatively little happening compared to RTS or RPG games. They should be almost entirely glitch free. And when such glitches appear they should be patched in a hurry, as in about a weeks time.

BTW when that exploit posted is used it is granted to everyone in the match. So it doesn't give a player an advantage once people realize that. It just entirely ruins the gameplay.

The CoD games are pretty good about patching glitches. What slows the process of getting it out for download is Sony and Microsoft.

Im not gonna let a few glitchers keep me from playing one of or THE best FPS ever.

Their really are not that many glitchers/glitches on MW2 anyways. The immense popularity of COD/MW is the reason people find out about and you hear about the glitches that are out there. Also, the majority of glitches that have popped up have been pretty minor. The most annoying one was the 'javelin glitch' that lasted a few days but it really wasnt too widespread.

I played a few hours last night and never got into a private match glitch. I actually wouldnt mind getting dumped into one to see what its like but have no motivation to actually do it myself.

I just got an xbox 360 and am going out to get mw2 soon. How good do I have to be to play online? Do you recommend playing the game for a while before playing online? This thread has really got me excited to start playing, sounds like an awesome game!

Just jump into the game, playing the 'at home' version will NOT help you in the online version, except to figure out your own weapons.

But instead of playing the mission, just set up a private match and run around yourself.

As for the glitches, IMO there's WAY more on 360 than PS3. Either that, or I don't play NEARLY enough.

The biggest part will be learning the controls if you’ve never played a COD game before.

But I agree with the jumping right into it thing.

Be warned, you will get killed A LOT. In fact you might not even get a kill the first few matches. Don’t get discouraged though, it gets better, especially as you learn the maps and the routes people take.

As far as the glitches, it not even close to how it may seem. I’ve ran into a total of 2 glitches in about 72 hrs of gameplay and one of those two may have not even been a glitch at all.

I played until 6 am this morning, finished out my S&D challenge.

It sucks not being in a party, then playing 3-4 matches until you're on a team that works 1/2 way together, then getting booted from the closed lobby.

Once in a while you can do it all yourself, but not very often.

Now I've got 4 more Free-for-all matches I'm going to take care of when the fam heads to a friend's dance recital.

I "unfortunately" twisted my back yesterday and have been laid up on the couch in front of the 46" TV rotating heating pad / ice pack. grin

just fell in love with the akimbo ranger shottys. its my new run n gun class. have the riot shield(to basically cover part of my back from bullets) the shottys, marathon, lightweight and commando pro. deadly in close range combat. cant wait to get fmj for the ranger now to add some more pop. i can never decide if i wanna knife a guy in the back, pump him with shells or stick him with my semtex. decisions, decisions....

The Akimbo shotguns should be removed from the game. Never seen a shotgun with a 100 yard range before. Don't even have to aim, just shoot.

One thing I would like to see implemented in any of these COD games is moving of the flags, bombs, etc in some of those games. Kinda like moving the pin in golf. Why not move the flags for capture the flag?? Move 'em once a month and keep the game fresh, same with S&D, move the objectives and keep it fresh.

i would agree that the akimbo 1887 shottys should go. the ranger definitely doesnt have the range of that one. the 1887 is down right dumb. there is no way a shotgun should outshoot an assault rifle from the distance that it does. with the ranger i still get hammered from anything over say 20 yards.

I agree the 1887's range is stupid far and the akimbo/riot shield is by far the lamest, noobiest tactic in the game. I dont even use the gun, I just feel cheap getting kills with it. Atleast they didnt make the beastly guns available at a really early level like some of the other COD games.

I agree the 1887's range is stupid far and the akimbo/riot shield is by far the lamest, noobiest tactic in the game. I dont even use the gun, I just feel cheap getting kills with it. Atleast they didnt make the beastly guns available at a really early level like some of the other COD games.

I think if you have to use the riot shield, you should not be able to carry a gun.

What do all of you guys play? I just played my first game of free for all and it was not pretty? I got a few kills but was pretty much dominated? Any tips? My gamertag is Johnsonator44 if anyone wants to play sometime.

What system- 360 or PS3

Free for all is a [PoorWordUsage] shoot.

Sometimes you'll get a bunch of guys that are crazy good, other times you'll a group of guys that make you look crazy good.

I rattled off 5 games of free for all last night all with 5:1 K/D ratios since the guys would respawn and come running right back to where I was..... that's right.... . CAMPING!!!! cry

There's been other times where I bail after 2 games, as soon as I take 2 steps I'm dead.

Isn’t that the truth about being a kerap shoot every game.

My feelings is that it has more to do with your ping speed then the skill level of the other players (although you can tell the guys that are consistently better are at a higher skill level than the rest). All it takes is a couple of milliseconds advantage to make you look like a rock star. This usually comes into play when you are running and gunning and come face first with another dude. Usually the better ping wins that battle.

I notice it mostly on the kill cam. There are times when I see a totally different replay of what I had just seen from my own viewpoint.

I’ve been playing a little Mercenary Hardcore, that is fun. Especially since you aren’t running into guys that play 24/7 together and immediately destroy you if you happen to get thrown into a match with them.

Zamboni -

I was trying to tell you earlier that for some reason, I could play online, but I had no "friends" listed on PS3 network, and whenever I tried to join your game, it would say "unable to join host remote game".

I have no idea what was going on.

I got on later, and all the friends were listed again.

I think if you have to use the riot shield, you should not be able to carry a gun.

I dont know about that. I like to use the riot shield but just having it equiped for the purpose of protecting your back while you dual wield 1887s is smart, yes, but cheap.

As far as matches, Team deathmatch is a decent one to start with. You have your team with that can help cover you, it rarely happens unless you play with a group but its still nice to have someone on your side. You are also more free to explore the levels and find the hotzones and bottle necks without worrying about objectives.