• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appeldoorns GTG Countdown

ok ladies....I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this...and by the end of the week, even more so!! crazy (lets just hope the weather holds out).

My office is moving out of our building from Edina to headquarters in Mendota Heights after 20+ years being in the same place. Fri. is our last day there. We got bought 2 yrs ago by the "big boys" and we're moving into their space. We're going from 20+ people in the office to over 150. I'm in charge of putting together the introductory emails that include short bio's and pics. Not to mention packing up 6+ years of "stuff" at my desk (the new ones are smaller with less drawer space)

Even tho I have the day off I'm going to stop in on Fri. because they're having some fun "last day activities". From there I'll be heading up.

I have a tent and I'll bring up a little gas grill and music. Camp chair also will be packed (thanks for the reminder).

Besides assorted snacks, I'm thinking I'll bring a pasta salad to share. Don't think the chinese salad I brought last year will hold up even if I put it together there (no good all soggy).

Might even experiment with an egg-bake. (bake and then wrap them in foil individually ahead of time). Then throw them on/in the fire with the foil tented to heat them up?

And as for boats? If its nice weather...I'm sure I can find a spot to fish off the docks...or take a mini-road trip (finally got a new camera)...I'll even find out if there are any estate/garage sales in the area on Sat.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been trying to think of a way to get the Lund form the cabin to Mille Lacs, but with no ability to tow that is out. I need this weekend so bad and can not wait, I just may come up after work on Thursday.

Hope

Boy he responded fast!!

"It all depends on the wind. There are plenty of spots to fish with a boat that size IF the wind isn’t blowing too bad, or if it’s blowing from the right direction."

Now all I have to do is double-check and make sure someone else isn't using it. Thinking I wouldn't be bringing it - I offered it to someone else next weekend.

And even if they don't want to use it - I may just keep an eye on the weather as we get closer.

Last year it was so windy on Friday none of us put boats in. Saturday it was real windy in the morning, but we were able to get the boats out in the afternoon. I guess it is a wait and see situation. With the way the weather has been lately maybe I should bring my auger. laugh

Here is the forecast for Isle, MN.....I hope it holds out for you ladies!!

Friday

Jun 12 Partly Cloudy

Hi: 69° Lo: 53°

Partly Cloudy. High 69F and low 53F. Winds SE at 8 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

0%

Saturday

Jun 13 Mostly Cloudy

Hi: 71° Lo: 49°

Mostly Cloudy. High 71F and low 49F. Winds SE at 8 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

0%

Sunday

Jun 14 Rain

Hi: 71° Lo: 59°

Rain. High 71F and low 59F. Winds SW at 4 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

Thanks Tom!! Where'd you get that forecast??

The link on the resort HSOforum takes you to ACCUWeather and its not so positive.

And yes, I know its still 5 days away and anything/everything could change.

Hi all, sorry I haven't been too active with the posting, but thought I'd chime in. I'm bringing the pop up so will have some electricity. I'll have a toaster and coffee pot outside on a "community table"...all are welcome to brew and toast. I'll also plan to bring the fixins for french toast and sausage one morning. I too have a small gas grill that we can use and a card table for Farkle....lol.

I am also going to make up a dozen ham/cz that will be ready to grill whenever. They seem to hit the spot whenever.

I tend to bring too much food, too many cloths and not enough sun screen. Some day I'll learn.

I too am so anxious for this weekend!

Oh....I have the filet knife too, cuz this time, we're going to catch some keepers!