• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lower Manitou Lake Fishing Reports by Camp Manitou

The weather this past weekend was unreal for early march, I fished friday in just a T-shirt for most of the afternoon. The walleye bite was ok, not as hot as the last weekend in Feb., but we got out limit pretty easily as well as the Klosic group. The trout was a little hit or miss. Black Island seem to be producing like normal, but out off the flag pole was not happening as of saturday afternoon. I taked to a couple of groups fishing out in front of snare bay and they seem to be doing pretty good in 65-75 fow. As of Sat. afternoon the only snow that was left was the last 3-5 inches of the crystalized stuff, it looks like it may be atv's from here on out.

If anyone is looking we just had a spot open up for this weekend.

Email me at [email protected] for more details if you need them.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went in the Ministry trail Saturday morning. Alot of brush, and a few logs but the trail was in pretty good condition, hadn't been used much lately. Fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Awsome weather, temps in the 40's, fog in the mornings but sunshine every day except Monday! Great fishing, great ice travel conditions Saturday and sunday. Things started to get a little sloppy Monday with all the warm temps. Rain came Monday night, mostly standing water on the lake by the time we left Tuesday morning. Trail out getting pretty sloppy with the rain and warm temps. Pleanty of snow still on it but had turned to a slushly, granular snow. Pulling a toboggan with some weight tended to bog down the sled, had to keep moving on the uphill part unless you wanted to be pulling the tobaggon up by hand. Not sure I'd run the trail again without a few days of real cold temps to bone things up a little bit.

Great trip, not sure how many are left with the warm temps.

I was just out on Lower Manitou Lake today and there is about 3" of slushy snow and standing water everywhere, some places its 2" of water some 7-8". I saw 2 small holes in the ice where water was running down, in a day or two they will be 2-3' in diameter. I am guessing the lake will pop in 4-5 days and it will be great ice fishing with ATV's for another 2 weeks, but then the shorelines will start to break away and we will be done.

I know it's early, but at this rate I am guessing April 22-25 range.

Outfitter,

With the early ice out and lack of snowfall this winter, are we looking at a lower water level and lower water flow for the first part of the season? Or maybe they'll just keep the dam where it's at? Will you or are you hearing anything?

That last week in May is looking sweeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks

Similar,

I am guessing from what I saw in mid march that the water will be a bit low, but that could all change if we get some wet weather in the next month or so.

They aren't going to touch the dam, from what I am hearing.

I will keep you posted.

Hey Mike,

The majority of the lakers are suspended around 60 fow right now over 80-100fow. The group we had in this weekend did really well running down riggers with rainbow colored needlefish. They also had very good luck dead bait rigging from shore during their extended shorelunches.

The trout will be heading up soon and when you are up you should be able to troll crankbaits with good luck.

There is about 2 weeks of dynamite shallow water trout fishing that should be starting in 5-7 days, I can't wait.