• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lower Manitou Lake Fishing Reports by Camp Manitou

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SimilarIsland,

You mentioned getting up to the Tou in a different post. Where are you staying? We'll be up the last full week of May.

We'll also be up the last weekend of May. We'll be at Camp Manitou's Outpost Cabin which is located just before the Stretch opens up into the big part of the Lower Manitou. My friend also has an island up there that I've gone to since 1985 - Similar Island.

I have a black Lund Outfitter with a 90 Merc Opti on the back. We'll probably be going through Beaverhead Narrows a few times, which is Southeast of the Weather Station.

I would load up on those things. Remember the 5 inch are the best with the 1/4 oz darter head jigs. Another great lure is the Mepps 5 silver blade bucktail but I am sure you know that by now.

5/15/10

We had a nice downpour thursday night, it rained hard from about 6pm until 6am. We must have gotten 1.5"-2", the water has come up about 3" so far. Some of the creek have started to flow, now that they have filled up a bit.

The trout fishing has been very stable the past couple of weeks. Cabin #5 fished mainly trout today and they boat 41 trout and 4 pike. The trout are still around 25' out over 40-60fow.

The water temps in some of the back bays we around 56-58F and the main stretch was 49F today.

5/18/10

We had a group fishing in mister lake yesterday and between 8:30am and 3:00pm they boated 53 lake trout between 3 guys. They caught all the trout on 3/4 oz jigs and 5" white sluppies, when all the sluppies were tore up they went to plain white twister tails. Along with the Trout they also boated 15 pike, the largest being 37".

The bass are really starting to get active also, this same group fished a few of the waterfalls off small bays along the stretch and they did very good on white banjo minnows.

Hey guys. Cyclone4life and I will be heading up to the big lake this weekend. Mainly targeting lakers and smallies, but will also be after northerns. If anyone has any last minute updates on patterns for any of the three, it would be much appreciated. We generally fish around the big island, Glass Bay, and the Beaverhead area.

5/20/10

The trout fishing has continued to be very productive even with the hot temps and rising water temps. We had another great weather day today and one group pulled up to a small island and fished from shore with dead bait rigs on for trout and limited out as well as had a few to throw back all while enjoying the sun and playing some cribbage.

We had another group at our outpost hammer the smallies in phairs lake and at a few of the flowing waterfalls around the lower manitou stretch.

The bass are starting to make some bed, so it looks like we are about a month ahead of last years spawn.

5/27/10

The bass on are on the beds big time in the warmer sections of the lake. Right now the guide boats are averaging 80-110 fish per day and the unguided guys are doing pretty good with reports of 50-60 fish per day.

Some of the portage lakes are heating up as well, alonghill, dogfly, and gates are putting out good numbers of bass.

The laker are still being caught trolling, the numbers are down from two weeks ago which is normal due to the warming water. We will start jigging for them soon.

The weeds are about a month ahead of schedule and the pike starting hang out in them, so they are very easy to target.

We have a few openings in late june if anyone is still looking for a last minute trip.

Hey outfitter thanks!

If you run into him and get any reports - post them up smile

He must be coming back soon? Been up there for a week now I think.

Whats the weather been like up there this week? I tried to look on some reports and it sounded maybe windy a few days this week but other than that - looked like warm weather. How long do you expect the smallie action to be good?

Mark,

Craig checks out tomorrow, so I am sure he will post something once he gets home. I didn't see anything about wind, but it looks to be cool with highs around 68F the next few days with a chance of rain tomorrow. The smallie bite is hot right now, the beds are in full swing from what I have seen. I am guessing it will be hot for a few weeks at least.

Hey Outfitter,

coming up to the upper manitou in two weeks. have fished the northern reaches of lower manitou but not much south of O'Shaunnesy or 303. My question is where is your outpost camp? Might want to boat by to check it out if it's not too far south. Thanks. Dave.

Hey Dave,

The outpost sits right at the mouth of lower manitou. If you go to our HSOforum and click on the map on the left side of the main page it will show you where the main camp is and also the outpost.

If you have any questions, just send me an email.