• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drywall

Inthehollow

Most guys will want to hang it as well, the ones I know anyway. That way they are taping over stuff they did rather than the home owner. I am not trying to say you personally are a hack, but most times that is what the pros run into when they hear someone say "How much would you charge to finish tape and spray?" They will a lot of times bid it as high for finish tape and spray as they would to do the whole jobs themselves. Just something to think about.

I'm dealing with that problem right now. People wife bought house from just hung it and not well. Lots of gaps any thing that could be worry is. Redoing much of it, taping and painting myself. Finishing room that was started, going to use it for taxidermy.

Normal tape and mud in the Rochester area will get you about $50-.75 per square foot of wall. To hang will run about another $.25-35 depending size, difficulty, etc. These are a labor and material cost.

Any crazy finishes or textures would be more.

I agree. If you're working regular, think of the time you won't have to take off work or lose on the weekends and nights with your family/whoever. Or that you could work overtime to pay for the drywallers and then some. Plus, the taping and mud are tedious, time-consuming jobs that are difficult to do right like the pros. I'm all for do it yourself but drywall is one of those things I'd rather leave to the pros.

I'd have them do the whole dealio.....seems almost cheaper in the long run.

it's not much more for them to hang and the contractors would prefer to tape/mud their own work, not a homeowners.

I hung my own and it takes longer than you might think, if you want to do it right. Cutting for outlets is tough also.

you guys are going to think i am crazy but my self and a few friends and some cold ones hung the cellinigs in one day it went good used lipstick to mark lites it went very good.

You had to lift the drywall up into position on the cieling, in order to mark the lights?