• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cinnamon bear/black bear siblings

a rare sight indeed! mama bear was on the ground, and these two yearling cubs were up in the tree, not the best of photographs, but was happy nontheless to get what I got!

for some reason this shot seems to be really dark,, I have sold a few of these prints, but they weren't this dark!!

IMG_0511copy2.jpg

and here the cinnamon one was peeking around the tree, I didn't notice his claws till I got the picture up and on my computer!!

_MG_0553copy2.jpg

yes agreed, that the first one is a once in a lifetime thing,, I sooooooooo wish I had my new camera and lens for this,, my hubby wouldn't let me out of the truck as the mama bear was at the base of the tree,, odd I thought for these cubs, they were quite large!!

thanks for the comments folks!

ok I have a question,, I said they looked VERY dark, but it was on my work computer when I posted these, but I see on mine they are quite bright,, help!! please give me your opinion on these shots,, are they ok to view?

ok I have a question,, I said they looked VERY dark, but it was on my work computer when I posted these, but I see on mine they are quite bright,, help!! please give me your opinion on these shots,, are they ok to view?

Sue they look perfect on my screen at home.

Originally Posted By: panthrcat

Sue they look perfect on my screen at home.

well thank you!! that sorta makes my day, I am looking into a Monitor Calibration System for my monitor so the colours are correct,, I'm not kidding, when I viewed it at work you could barely make out the black bear it was so dark!!!

Very nice Sue!....I like em both but that second image is my favorite....I have no bear images...never plan on getting that close in the wild or on foot to get any... grin...guess I remember that "bear guy"(Tim Tredwell) that got chewed up on that Alaskan bear documentary...Ole Timmy thought he "knew" wild bears and apparently they thought otherwise......and they say black bears are more unpredictable then browns or grizzlies...maybe I have a bear phobia grin....