• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about milage and hours use

shefland

I am just wondering, I have a 2000 Honda 400, had it since new, it has 4,500 miles on it and around 600 hours. Took good care of it and it runs fine, What is considered Lots of miles and hours on these engines? So far it has been bullet proof.

Yesterday 04/06/09 I just sold a 1986 Honda TRX250 2X4. I’ve owned for 23 years, since new and all it has done is start and run reliable. Three teenage sons put it to the test and it handled every thing they put it through. That is the reason there are three other Honda ATVs in my pole building. Best ad for the new Honda ATV is all the old reliables still in service and running strong.

Tink

Where I've bought my wheelers at in Nebraska they had a rancher for sale with a little under 20,000 miles. Talked to the owner and he said that's nothing, he sold a used rubicon with around 43,000 miles on it. The farmers out there use them instead of trucks.

i find that hard to believe. i have relatives that live in SD on a ranch and they use there wheelers instead of trucks also. they say they usually only get about 10,000 outa o new one before it basically just falls apart?

i find that hard to believe. i have relatives that live in SD on a ranch and they use there wheelers instead of trucks also. they say they usually only get about 10,000 outa o new one before it basically just falls apart?

They're probably not using hondas though.

no they use sportsmans. but they buy them new. they arn't afraid to drive them like there ment but i know they bring it to the dealer for complete service. apparently the prarie takes it toll on the wheelers. but 43,000 miles they must take it really easy. IMO

Thats a crazy amount of miles on a 4-wheeler BUT I have heard numerous times of putting that kind of miles on Honda's. They might not be the fastest or do the best in the mud but they sure last forever. I have never owned a Honda but this is the reason why there are so many die hard honda fans.

Just dont expect your new Hondas to last as long as the ones made 15-20 yrs ago. The old adage of "They dont make um like they used to " is very true . I have some rancher buddies that have to replace their hondas every other yr, but are still running one of the first 4x4 models that came out. I have a 05 660 raptor with over 30,000 miles on it and all I have done is change the oil,tires and replace a chain.My 07 BF 650 has just under 4000 hard miles of mud racing,grass drag racing and sled pulls. and its stilll going strong other than a oil leak. Do the maintanance and unless your rolling it down a hill every other day 10,000 miles is no problem..