• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hunting squirrel

Phooj

it seems like every i go now. the squirrel seems to get smarter and smarter or there isn't any left? does anyone know where i can find some? amish land ? someones land? any help? i just got a .17 recently and cant wait to shoot in it sept. thanks and advance

I'm sure if you took a drive around your area and found some woodlots with oaks, walnuts, and other mast trees you will find squirrels. Ask the homeowners if they mind you hunting squirrel. I can't imagine anyone will tell you no, except there are always a few.

Oh man!! My friends and I hunt tree rats like crazy down here every season! its so much fun! My place is surrounded by hundreds of acres of woods, and finding a plentiful spot is basically right at my finger tips:) ha ha do i sound hick or what??

i would have to agree with onlydrakes4me i know the season is over. what is tree rat? well if any one knows or own some land that dont hunt squriell please let me know for the up soming season. thanks

A couple years ago, while out phaesant hunting we shot a large Red squirrel that was about the size of a house cat. I had a buddy call his taxidermist to see how much it would cost to mount it, and he replied:

"I don't mount squirrels!"

.....I was kind of dissapointed.

A couple years ago, while out phaesant hunting we shot a large Red squirrel that was about the size of a house cat. I had a buddy call his taxidermist to see how much it would cost to mount it, and he replied:

"I don't mount squirrels!"

HA HA HA that's Hilarious. Although would have been cool to see a squirrel that big

i would have to agree with onlydrakes4me i know the season is over. what is tree rat? well if any one knows or own some land that dont hunt squriell please let me know for the up soming season. thanks

Where you located?

I have squirles in my yard that are the size of a small cat. They are huge. A few of them have pushed their luck when I'm shooting bow in the back yard and they are only a few feet away. It would be cool to have a big one mounted up I think it would be cool to see in a house!

yea....i'm not too familar with the variety of squirrel types/families.

All I know is that they don't even crack my top 10, probably 20 animals to get mounted, although that one was HUGE.

maybe if I saw an albino one, that would be pretty sweet.

Yeah i can see how they would. But when you get brought up hunting them all your life and get a few black ones or a unique one like that, its an accomplishment! haha and dont get me wrong i hunt everything there is to hunt around here as well! not just tree rats.

I love squirrel hunting. I got some great woods around me that are full of mature oaks and consequently, lots of squirrels. I also hunt state land up north that holds lots of squirrels. This last season I got my limit 3 or 4 times. Lots of good chewing there!