Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrumpyOldCrappie

Anybody fishing today or tonight?

16 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone went out fishing today and if the fish were biting? I'm thinking about going out yet to see if an evening bite is on with the storm coming in.

Hey "Grumpy Old", If you go out, you be Darn careful!! It would probably be a great evening to get your Spring gear, in gear grin Ain't no time to be out on the remaining 'ice' alone.., that's just askin' to become a statistic. Phred52

I went out tonight, Ice was fine except for right along the shorelines. Saw a guy driving out today too. Oh and the fishing was slow, but I think we got out kinda late.

I've been out twice since I posted the question- the shore on South Long in Brainerd is soft but I've driven the wheeler out with no problems.

The spot I'm fishing still has 17 inches of solid ice so I'm thinking it will be at least a week before I hang it up...

i was out today on pillager lake looking for some tullies but no luck had about 18 inches of good ice i think i will try again tomorrow

Disclaimer:

The activity in this report was done in an AMPHIBIOUS VEHICLE.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT FLOTATION and SELF RESCUE capability.

I was on the north end of White Bear on April 1.

About half way between Ramsey Co Beach and Ordway's Bar.

The bigger sunnies are showing up and on an aggressive bite.

Disclaimer:

DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT FLOTATION and SELF RESCUE capability.

About half way between Ramsey Co Beach and Ordway's Bar.

The bigger sunnies are showing up and on an aggressive bite.

Must mean ARGO!!!! grin

kingfish,

are the shorelines still holding I have been thinking about heading out there. It has been a very slow year out there. Darn Near Retarded may have taken too many in the past and with the last few summers, I think it has taken a toll on them

Originally Posted By: Desperado
Disclaimer:

Must mean ARGO!!!! grin

ARGO ?? . . . HAR HAR . . . you a verrry funnny guy . . . guess again

Not here in Southern Minn, only ice we got left is on the top of our beverages......

Wait until tomorrow then this storm might be different....

P!$$ me right off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought Spring was kinda here

i am on my out. i will stop back and let you know how i did. tullies here I come

the bite was slow but we were able to pick up a mixed bag of sunnies crappies and tullies. had so much fun we think we will try it again tomorrow. see you on the lake

Not here in Southern Minn, only ice we got left is on the top of our beverages......

Wait until tomorrow then this storm might be different....

P!$$ me right off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought Spring was kinda here

thats exactly how it is around here. i could have gone without the snow last night. my yard went from semi-dry to completely soaked. and sure enough the tile is still froze so the water just sits on top ughh!

Not an Argo, its gotta be a Wilcraft or a Fan boat or a hovercraft

Went out yesterday and got some gills and crappies up north of duluth. They were willing to bite!