• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring will just not..... SPRING!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up this morning to a blinding white light, my first thought was "Oh no, I've died and I am going into the light". My second thought was "I am still asleep and I am dreaming", I rubbed my eyes real hard and opened them to realize the sun is shining!! shockedlaughwinkcool

I woke up to white too!! Snow--not too bad just a couple inches,its done now. Winter will not be over here til the juncos leave, they are my weather forecasters. Hubby says they will never leave cuz they have it too good here! I still have about 30, feel sorry for the ones that left 2 weeks ago and got caught in your snow last week, that will teach them. Only good thing -maybe the woodticks won't be so bad turkey hunting-I hate those things.

I'm still thinking about going out biking today, even though it's 33 degrees here with a couple of inches that fell last night...hmmm...at least the good news is it seems the weather will go back to "normal by Wednesday this week.

mngirl, you're going to the gym a lot and now biking in our subfreezing temps! I'm jealous of your motivation-you can send some of that MY way!

I love juncos so thanks for sending them up, Luvsoutdoors! smirksmile We have had a couple robins around too. I always feel bad for them since we're still all frozen up. One was huge and obviously plump with eggs.

The "old grouch" went down to the store this morning and saw around 30 loons on the Prairie River just south of Lower Lawrence Lake. They must be gathering for the ice out, I hope it comes soon.

At least we can take comfort that there are plenty of Signs of Spring at this point. It's the snow that still really bugs me! We've been watching open water fishing shows all morning too. Really starts to get the blood pumping to hop in the boat! laugh It's also sort of slow torture watching them! winksmile

Lisa, I'm not as brave as I thought, so it's spring cleaning and the gym today (it's not as fun as outside, but biking at the gym at least gets me ready for when I can get out there)!

I'm only motivated because I had a horrible fall last year and have taken on a whole new view/postive outlook on life, but I'll send some motivational thoughts your way! I know how you feel about the snow however, I grew up farther up north and hated how long it took the snow to melt! I am going up to my dad's this week and am curious to see where the snow line still is smile!!!! At least my place is looking good laugh!!!!

Back to cleaning...anyone wanna help? crazy I've finished the bathroom at least, just kitchen and floors left!

I am going to my lake X for opener, that is if the ice is gone. I actually haven't gone fishing for the opener in about 20 years. I always wait until after so I don't have to fight the crowds.

There is still ice, but I haven't been on it in a month. I don't know why I got so paranoid when there was so much water on it but I did. I think it is because I usually fish on the opposite end of the lake and if I should take a spill or something no one will see me and it would be hours before I would be missed.

saftey first. smart thinkin. i havent fished in 3 weeks either. with that ice giving way at the shorelines it not worth it. i have friends headed north tomorrow but around here its pretty much over.

Lisa, now you have me thinking about the last time we went fishing on the opener. We went to South Lindstrom lake, and waited around 90 minutes to launch (it was around 5 am) and it took us over 2 hours to pull the boat out. I don't think we even caught anything that day. I was delivering papers for the Strib at that time and had worked from 1-4am, then drove the 40 miles to the lake, fished all day. Finally got home at around 9pm, hit the hay and got up at 1am to go deliver 500 Sunday papers.