• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the best day yet!

i brought my gf fishing today. i was out of waxies. so i had to use plastics. i was using crappie stinngers in black and green.

she was on her way. and i started fishing

it wasnt long until i caught the first one.

101_0066.jpg

same fish

101_0067.jpg

shortly after i got a bigger one

101_0068.jpg

101_0069.jpg

she got there right as i hooked up with a fish. it took a little coaxing but eventually i got her to take the rod and fight the fish. soon after landing her first fish in years. and her first carp.

101_0072.jpg

carp wants a kiss!

101_0070.jpg

she was warming up in my portable fish house i brought down for her.

i landed these 2

101_0073.jpg

101_0074.jpg

a while later i hooked up with a bigger one and had her net it for me

101_0075.jpg

another one a while later

101_0076.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST!

then i wanted more of a challenge. i took off the spool on my abu garcia cardinal and put on the spare spool which i filled with 2lb test.

i hooked up with a broke off with alot of fish. eventually i landed one

101_0077.jpg

we were packing up when i noticed a big fish feeding. i was going to switch the spools.but i didnt think i would have the time. i casted and hooked up with her. after a long fight. i landed her. the biggest carp so far this year! a teen on 2lb test!

101_0080.jpg

Jake good to see you are hitting the carp. Did you put that "upper teen" Carp on a scale? It looks upper single digits.

IMG_0055.jpg

This is a 6 Pound some odd ounce carp. I weighed it too.

upper single digits my @$$. fists are 4"wide. and if you measure the length of my fist in the picture. (3/4cm) so 3/4 cm = 4" so 1cm= ~5 1/3in

now measure the length of the fish (6 1/2cm)

so 6 1/2 times 5 1/3 =~34.5"

and now for the girth. using my fists again. (3/4 cm = 4") 1cm = 5 1/3

the hieght of the fish is about 1 3/4cm. so the fish is about 9" tall. and multiply that by 2 and u have the height of both sides of the fish. we wont mess with the thickness. even though she was a thick fish

if you enter the length (34.5) and the girth (we called it as 18" even though its clearly more than that)

it comes out to 14.86lbs. and if you add the thickness it will bring it into the 16+lb range making it an UPPER teen.

its amazing how simple math can prove such things LOL

Jake good to see you are hitting the carp. Did you put that "upper teen" Carp on a scale? It looks upper single digits.

IMG_0055.jpg

This is a 6 Pound some odd ounce carp. I weighed it too.

and if ur fists are 5" which they look like they may be

then 1 1/3cm = 5" so 1cm = 3.75"

3.75x7= 26.25" long

and thats fish is no where near as tall or as wide as mine was.

Comparing fish size shown on this site I will show you a fish that was measured by a tape measure and weighed on a digital scale.

Carp=My Specialty. I can catch a carp and estimate size to within 1lb, I would catch a carp take a educated guess and always be within a pound. This carp is 30", and 10 lbs and some ounces.

2554636746_1d01f858c1_b.jpg

First, nice report Jake it's great to see such passion for fishing. Keep the pictures and reports coming!

Arguing about fish sizes will get us nowhere. In the end it really doesn't matter.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of guys that consider Carp a great sport fish (myself included) and are very serious about their Carp and other roughfish fishing.

A lot of time and energy goes into catching large fish, so I can see why people might be disturbed by others throwing out estimate measurements and or false weights.

There are two ways to get around this.

1. Don't even include the weights or measurements, let the pictures speak for themselves.

2. If the size is important to you, simply lay the fish on a tape measure when you take a picture and put all arguments to rest.

At any rate, keep on getting out there and posting Carp/Roughfish reports, and I would suggest keeping all the negative stuff to ourselves. It makes this a much better place to be.

First, nice report Jake it's great to see such passion for fishing. Keep the pictures and reports coming!

Arguing about fish sizes will get us nowhere. In the end it really doesn't matter.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of guys that consider Carp a great sport fish (myself included) and are very serious about their Carp and other roughfish fishing.

A lot of time and energy goes into catching large fish, so I can see why people might be disturbed by others throwing out estimate measurements and or false weights.

There are two ways to get around this.

1. Don't even include the weights or measurements, let the pictures speak for themselves.

2. If the size is important to you, simply lay the fish on a tape measure when you take a picture and put all arguments to rest.

At any rate, keep on getting out there and posting Carp/Roughfish reports, and I would suggest keeping all the negative stuff to ourselves. It makes this a much better place to be.

Couldn't have said it better.