• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

silverado dual muffler

i would just run it straight back from the cats. give it a screaming kackle when you hammer down on it but were you still to cruse around with it not kackling constently. just when you get on it

The factory ones, because they are quiet and last along time. But thats probably not the answer you were looking for wink

X2 or why not just rip it all off and run straight pipes as long as you're willing to ruin a good exhaust system.

had duels on a 96 1/2 ton short box regular cab chevy, straight pipes from the cats back to 45 deg 3" tips and it was loud and crackled very nice. i was young (19) and it was great unless you were trying to be stealthy, but on long trips it got kinda annoying listening to the loud rumble the whole way. oh yeah and i got pulled over plenty of times for them being to loud. just some stuff to think about.

How old are you?

I don't think age really is the issue. It sounds to me as if Halfnutz is giving some sarcastic cool, but very GOOD advice in not ruining a very high quality stock exhaust system. An after market system will surely fail long before the original would have. If there were real measureable performance and/or mileage gains to offset the cost it may be worth it, but realisticly it usually doesn't. Just adding "noise" will often result in more "pain" than "gain".

Just to qualify my opinion...I'm old.... I have a hotrod...its loud....its gotten me in trouble! blush

I'd don't mind a mellow, throaty rumble a little bit louder than stock, but some of these things passed off as "mufflers" are a joke. They're way too loud (read annoying) for street use/daily driving.

On my old 94 pickup, I replaced the stock muffler with a Dynomax something or another. It's got a decent tone, just a touch louder than the stock one was.

If you're looking for a real bark though, that one's not for you. I just implore to you to not make it too loud. It does get annoying after a while, not just for you but others around you too.