• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I think its time to be careful.

buddha

I'm pretty sure my wife and I saw this guy earlier in the day. We were picking up our daughter from preschool and saw a gy fishing about 100 yards out from BellAire. I commented that he must has used a boat to get from shore to the ice across the open water. I then added that it appeared to be a Darwin moment right before our eyes. That said, I'm glad he's okay, but the lack of common sense is alarming.

I think I have about a week or two tops around here. Im headed out tomorrow morning for a all day trip. If the ice looks bad or the fish arent biting it could be time to put the Otter, Nils, Marcum and all the rods away. Tackle will stay out for early spring crappie and gill fishing.

Good luck and be safe guys and gals. I will have my Arctic Armor on for sure.

I was watching channel 5 news this morning and Vineeta was doing this story and said, "It's unclear at this time why the fisherman was venturing out onto the ice."

I'm not positive Vineeta, but if I were a betting man, I'd say he was going fishing. 1.gif

We tried to get on a small lake a few miles North of the Iron Range this morning. Still about two feet of ice, but the landing was watered in about 18 inches deep over the ice so we decided to go to breakfast and wait until next season. All the gear is stored. Ready for the Musky Expo next weekend and then river fishing the weekend after Easter. It was a good ice season. Cast A Way