• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cased Bows ?

Musky Buck

I have bow hunted a season or 2 depending on having a large buck or 2 in the area to hunt. Question is, Why do bow hunters need to case their bows lets say on the walk home or after shooting hours ? I know it is a law for now, but what is the purpose behind that. The few years I went once I couldn't see through my peep sight I was done anyway, then I had to case my bow to walk back to the house and thought why do I have to do that. Just curious.

Wisconsin changed their law maybe 10 years ago. No need to case your bow till you get to your vehicle.

Not sure what the law says in Minnesota. Couldn't find anything in the regulations.

Thanks guys, appreciate you clarifying for me. Nightcrawler turkey ? where ? at my place dumping there feces all over my brand new stained black fence, usually 20-70 birds roosting on it once they have mopped up all the bird seed. Need to train my dog to kill them, they are a nuisance at least at my place.

Thanks guys, appreciate you clarifying for me. Nightcrawler turkey ? where ? at my place dumping there feces all over my brand new stained black fence, usually 20-70 birds roosting on it once they have mopped up all the bird seed. Need to train my dog to kill them, they are a nuisance at least at my place.

I'd be happy to help you with that little problem...where exactly did you say you live? grin

Good to know....I remember guys getting ticketed when I bowhunted Louisville swamp as a kid. The CO would wait next to the vehicles and have a field day when people came back from hunting after dark with uncased bows. I've been hauling along a soft bow case ever since. Every once in a while I'd forget it and walk on pins and needles back to the truck hoping nobody would be there to write me a ticket.

Thanks for clarifying the bow rule, I do recall now that it was changed in the 1990's, thanks again. I'm near the Wadena area. Problem is out of 70 birds or so 68 of them are usually hens and young ones and Jakes, bearded hens ?, and Toms are the only targets. They do attract the Tom's though and I found the grove of Pine trees they wintered in, right next to a standing cornfield. It is quite a sight having so many birds in the yard and I don't think there has been hardly a bug in the yard since they started coming. There are 2 white/ some black birds in 1 of the batches. I think you can bow hunt them in the area, but not sure, have no desire to hunt them although it would feel kinda nice to have a shotgun in hand during the spring to hunt something. If I notice the birds are still around and numerous in a few weeks I might entertain a few of you wacking them if you have the right zoned license.

Need Help ! Just spent the 24.95 on an ad for 5 days and I have to clue how to post, tried to figure it out but want to list 1 parcel of my hunting ground for sale, need help.

I have been here, Just go to the bottom and email the help desk and someone should reply. If you used a credit card it may take a day to be able to post I was confused as well and got frustrated, Now I know next time I may have to wait a day for the billing to get done. You should see the new topic button apear some time at the top of the forum after the paid subscription goes through. If it is other trouble I can't help Sorry.FCS

Good to know....I remember guys getting ticketed when I bowhunted Louisville swamp as a kid. The CO would wait next to the vehicles and have a field day when people came back from hunting after dark with uncased bows. I've been hauling along a soft bow case ever since. Every once in a while I'd forget it and walk on pins and needles back to the truck hoping nobody would be there to write me a ticket.

We used to have this same problem in Wisconsin. Some CO's had a real reputation for waiting near the vehicles. Nice they changed that law!

I think prior to the introduction of the compound bow the law read that your bow had to be unstrung after legal shooting hours. When people started hunting with compounds they realized they couldn't be unstrung so they required you to have it in a case. Some of those older laws are tough to understand. I still think it's strange that standing in trees was illegal at one time.