Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IceIceBaby

Where to get Hyfax Runners?

18 posts in this topic

I have an Eskimo ProFish 150 and an Frabill Trekker 2. I'd like to put hyfax runners on them, but have no clue who does it or where to get them. Any suggestions?

h and h in maple lake has the runners for the eskimo and Im pretty sure they can order the ones for the frabil

i would suggest the HSOforum for each brand of fishhouse i know eskimo has the kits on there HSOforum for 69.95

You could try calling Fleet Farm, Gander or Cabelas. I'm not sure what they still have left.

H and H Sport Shop is in Maple Lake.

I doubt they could get hyfax for the Frabil, but they could for the Eskimo. Last weekend the had a bunch of hyfax for the Eskimos.

GM has them, just left the store. ALL ice gear on sale 20% off already sale price. BUT HURRY!!!

Go to a Goodwill store and pick up a pair of cross country or down hill skis for 5 bucks. Cut them to fit, drill some holes and bolt 'em on with round leg bolts. That's what I did.

Works great and glides awesome!

I have a fish trap pro and scout and after paying the big bucks for the pro I went to mills fleet and got a pair for the scout for $10.00 or so. Go back to the atv/snowmobile area and look for the slides for snomobiles. They have different widths but I haven't seem them as wides as the ones for houses. Find the ones you like and go to the hardware dept and get the hardware. Mine have been on for 3 years and are holding up great. Just remember when installing to use a blow dryer to help bend in place.

Got Mine for my quickflip 3 from mikes Bait on 8 for $60 and my travel coverfor $40. they didnt have either but ordered them for me and i had them both within 3 days and saved close to $20 compared to ordering from eskimo.

I got a pair of old downhill skis from a second hand store last weekend and put them on my Scout. They work great and only cost $5. One bit of advice is to be sure your screws are the right length. I took the sled out of the truck and it would not pull well because I had six screw ends sticking into the ice. At least the sled would not blow away in the wind. I also have six tears in the cargo liner in the back of the wife’s Explorer. After I backed the screws out, the sled pulls great. I would recommend a strong glue or epoxy or just make sure your screws are the right length. I am so not handy!

This is off a site that sells the stuff

UHMW

This Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) Polyethylene bar has exceptionally high abrasion and impact resistance properties. It will outwear all other materials, including metals, nylons, urethanes, and fluoroplastics. In corrosion resistance, it has the same qualities of other polyethylenes. The working temp range is from -60 to 200 deg F. Because it resists wear, friction and corrosion, it cuts maintenance costs, energy consumption, and extends equipment life. Applications include guide rails, wear plates, rollers, conveyor augers, bin and hopper lines, chutes, bearings, bushings and gears. Its properties include: low coefficient of friction, self-lubrication, non-adherent surface, FDA and USDA concurrence for contact with foods, drugs, etc. Use mechanical fasteners in construction

Works great and is as tough as it gets. I put mine on with stainless steel bolts that I countersunk and used stainless lock nuts.

A guy on C-List out of Maple Grove makes the hyfax (UHMW) and its much cheaper and better than the hyfax from the house makers.