• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5 Years in a Row!!!

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within the day I was called by Scott, head of the parts dept... Welcoming me to the family.. asked me if I had any questions.. I did.. and he answered all... The very next day.. Rick Pierce called.. The CEO of the company.. Welcoming me to the family... I BOUGHT A USED BOAT!!! I again had questions, all were answered..

That says A LOT right there! Too bad more companies out there don't have that kind of customer service!

A properly trimmed Bass boat with a effiecient hull like a cat with an opti is going to get somewhere around 2.5-3.5 mpg when its doing close to 80 I consider that pretty good, when you look at some other types of craft that push that speed... ex. power boats. also if your not running wot you can see up to 6mpg which in the boating world is pretty darn good

I got a chance to ride in Deitz's Cat and it was a thrill every time he cracked the throttle. Just the sound of the Merc sent a chill down my spine. When we flipped the speedo past 70, I had to grab the handles though.

Funny how that rouge wake sprung up right in front of us though ehh Deitz? Doing about 70 a wake from a UFO (Unidentified Floating Object) about 2.5 feet high sprung up in front of us. The rods on the deck flopped a bit, but that was about it.

Those boats fish incredibly easy. Even with both of us standing on the back corner of the boat it still stayed level. I have fished out of much smaller boats all my life and only in the last couple years have I had the opportunity to fish out of some nicer rigs. I can honestly say that after the day on the lake in the Puma, there is no other boat I would rather have.

My boat is a 2007 Pantera 2 with a 200HP HPDI. It tops out on GPS at about 77, but it starts ti Chine Walk at about 75, so I back off. The HPDi is a little more fuel efficient than the Optimax. These boats handle waves very well, but as many have said before on this string, it is the customer service in combination with the performance that keeps you coming back for more! Fished today in 20MPH winds and white caps all over, but had no problems. These do not beat you up like a V-Hull will do. You just stay on top of the waves I guess...no potholes that way

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Hows the walleye fishing down in Alabama?

It's pretty darn good, I think you should give it a try Sled.

Actually, I don't think there are many walleye waters in Bama. He must be a transplant.

Might have some good spots down there considering Ark and Tenn have bigger walleye records than any other state. (officially I think Ark should be the world record holder after reading into it.)

Depends on the time of year. Right now it is great, the Bass are filling up with shad, pre spawn. Over the next 6 weeks they will be quite predictable and we will begin sight fishing in about 3 weeks as the water warms up and they move onto their beds.

As for Walleye in Alabama, none! That is why I return to MN every winter and summer to LOTW. Air Force transplanted us to Alabama. Hopefully next assignment will be further north (Grand Forks) so I can enjoy much more ice fishing for Walleye!

6336 First , Thanks for serving to protect us!

I love the pratteville area. Didn't do any fishing when down there a few years back( it was a golf trip! grin) really enjoyed the weather considering we were there the first week of FEB. ! Take care!

There are a lot of walleye waters in Arkansas that produce some huge fish. When I was a kid my dad used to take the family up to Greers Fairy and get a few of them when my mom told him how good walleye was. Mom is from MN, dad is from AR. Still have family down there but not really near any of the walleye waters. Dad never got any of the big ones down there though.

Lots of AR connections here. One of my best friends lives in Maumelle...but we hunt out of their duck camp outside of Stuttgart (Bayou Meto). I was down that way in January.

My friends brother caught an 11 lb. walleye in AR while bass fishing when he was younger.

My family is from Stuttgart. Uncle has a 680 acre farm down there just north of Stuttgart, and my great grandparents used to run the biggest duck club in the state on their property. I was born on the Bayou Meto.

Again sorry for hijacking.

awesome

Heres some pics from my trip down to Stuttgart last month.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1516680/21/2008_Waterfowl_Photos

My buddy has some land with a nice trailer on it down SE from Hollowell off of Cox Cypress road before it runs into Lodges Corner road.

He has a rice field lease right outside of the town of Humphrey

In the timber we hunt the lower Vallier area