• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

522 stutters in graph view

JimBuck

Lately i've noticed my 522 has been stuttering while running in graph view. I was wondering what might be causing this? I have played with various settings...everything is manually entered for depth etc.....I'm stumped. What is the command for soft reset? Thanks a lot folks....get out there this weekend!

JimBuck, with the unit OFF press and hold the Pages button. Then also press and hold the Power button. When the Map of North America and the subsequent alert message displays you can release both buttons and the Soft Reset is complete. Clear the Alert and reset your Noise Rejection, Surface Clairity, Depth, Ping Speed, etc. Hope this works for you. It cleared up some issues I had with my M68c.

TB2

Jimbuck,

I have a question for you.

What amp/hour rating is your battery and how long does it last with your 522? Can you turn off the gps function to conserve battery life?

I'm trying to figure out how to get more than 5 hours out of mine. I've emailed Lowrance for guidance also - but still waiting.

Thanks.

UPDATE:: Tried to do a soft reset......it didn't seem to relieve any issues with the graph pausing. Tried a few more settings with clarity, noise rejection, depth, ping speed etc and didn't seem to notice much of a difference. I'm beginning to think it's an ice transducer issue?

I think I understand what you are referring to. I was looking in my manual and messing with mine and it does that too.

My graph scrolls at the same cadence as the ping. The ping is in a stutter pattern. A couple slow ticks then several fast ones down to medium. Kinda like "shave a haircut - two bits" type of rythem. Plus it seems to fluctuate the speed of the rythem.

I adjusted the screen to hyperscroll and it did the same thing, only faster. According to the manual, this is the normal operation.

If this is what you are referring to, you thankfully do not have a problem at all. Personally that would make one more reason I prefer to view the sonar in flasher mode.

Hope that helps.

Don't give up on the graph mode. A little hitch here and there isn't more than an aggravation. It is so cool watching that arc come up from the bottom to see what you're dropping, as opposed to watching a line shift. Both are effective tools, but I like better visual representation. We have both, I don't think you'll stick with the flasher mode for long after using the graph mode.

Had the exact same problem,sent back for repair they sent it back to me"same problem"called them back they sent a brand new unit...

quess what "same problem".Called them back and was told that is just how they work??????.I solved the problem myself!

Go to "manual chart mode" and check the box.Walla fixed,works perfect.

try it its fun to use now,funny lowrance did not know this.....

Steve

Manual chart mode eh steve? I'm not completely sure I have that checked. The graph mode is just too sweet to give up on just yet. Timbuck your right about the visual representation. I love the fact that I can look away and still see what happened 3 seconds ago.....Anyways, I'll try it out this afternoon and see what we can find. Thanks for chiming in guys.

Still wondering if anybody can give me input on how long their battery lasts in their 522.

I posted in Equipment, asked here, searched my manual, and emailed Lowrance about turning off the GPS to help extend the charge. No answers.....

Nobody knows???????? frown

Please help! crycry

I noticed the same thing with my lowrance when it would try to find bottom. When you put it on chart manual mode, it just shows the reading and does not try to find bottom. Downside is no auto depth range, but thats not to big of a deal when ice fishing

Go into the simulator mode and turn the GPS simulator on. That will save a lot on the battery.

Without turning the GPS off on my 334 I get about 12 hours per charge. It is about double that with the GPS turned off.

Plenty for a weekend of fishing.

I agree, it does stutter a bit when looking for the bottom, or when you first put the transducer in the hole.

One other thing I've found that improves bottom lock and stuttering is keeping the transducer cable from touching the ice. I use the vex float trimmed down to accomadate the Lowrance ducer. Also make sure the ducer is hanging perfectly verticle and level with the bottom of the ice. I've found the Lowarnce cable to be a little stiff and after cramming it all back into the case the cable gets alittle kinky. I wish Lowrance would upgrade the quality of their cables.