• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruins in the Yucatan

Sorry it's been awhile. Here are a few that I took while on vacation in Cancun a few weeks ago. Sorry the exif is stripped. The night shots were taken at iso 3200 from a monopod with a Nikon 18-105VR lens with the purple shot taken at 1EV over 3200.

Temple at Tulum

Tulum-1_edited-1.jpg

Chichen Itza

Chichen-2_edited-1.jpg

Chichen Itza

Chichen-1_edited-1-1.jpg

Chichen Itza Light Show

Night-chichen-1_edited-1.jpg

Chichen Itza Light Show

Night-Chichen-2_edited-1.jpg

Chichen Itza Light Show

Night-Chichen-4_edited-1.jpg

Chichen Itza Light Show

chichen-3_edited-1.jpg

Excellent comps, yakfisher!

I must say I much more enjoy the daylight images than the colorful nighttime lights. Makes it feel more like we could be back there closer to that time.

Thanks for sharing these with those of us who don't travel that much. smilesmile

Macon might actually qualify as another planet grin

The trouble with the daytime shots is this; they are extremely hard to get without other tourists. The light show was pretty impressive, it is accompanied with a narrative that talks about the history of the Mayan people. Unfortunately, between taking pictures and my poor spanish, I only understood maybe 10 or 15 percent of the narative.

I would recommend Chichen Itza if you get the chance. It is impressive and awe inspiring!

Quote:
but haven't made it to any other foreign country

Funny, I'd have sworn we were in the Amazon rain forest looking for some of those orchids last summer! grin

Sorry, Yak, I'll get off this and let discussion go back to your shots. By the way, we had some trouble the day we were at Tulum with people in the way, but I think it was a pretty slow day and I was able to get a few.

I'll add to the list of those who have been to Tulum and points south of that, but not Chichen Itza! I do like the night shots myself especially the first night shot, looks like a great vacation!

We had Tulum on our list of places to go when I was in the Riviera Mya but it rained like h-e-double hockey sticks, all day so we had to cancel that trip. thanks for the pictures to rub in what we missed.

Great shots.