Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jethro80

Clam Yukon issues

10 posts in this topic

Poles are sticky and quite loud and annoying. What can I do?

Any help is appreciated!

Get a Panel Shack!!! grin

But seriously, if you just sprayed them with some lubricant will that do the trick? some wd40?

White lithium grease has worked wonderfully for me. I got the spray on and wiped around with a paper towel. I haven't had any issues since, about 3 years ago.

I took my poles apart and filed the burrs off the edges with a chainsaw file then put some silicon lube on em...Smoooth

Follow Hafnutz's advise, and file!! ANYTHING you put on those poles WILL come off on your hands or gloves everytime you set-up! File the sharp edges off of the inside and outside (I.D and O.D.) ends of your tubes and your problem should end. I also have a Yukon, had the same problem as you at the start and did a little filing, problem solved, permanantly, and I've never had to put on a "lube"! Phred52

All good advice but I would also polish the OD of the poles that slide inside the larger poles. Scotchbrite works real well for this. It makes a big difference and you may not even need to lube anything. I do this once or twice a season and keeps them sliding good on my Yukon.

I took my poles apart and filed the burrs off the edges with a chainsaw file then put some silicon lube on em...Smoooth

Bingo...De-burr the top and bottom tubes, then spray with a silicone lube. They will slide well as long as they are not out of square.

If you suspect they may be bent, check that when you de-burr them, measure corner to corner or use a carpenters square to check.

Wipe the seat tubes clean with a dose of WD-40 on a rag..then spray silicone on them too while your at it, it will slip-slide like snot on a door knob.

WD40 works great or any other spray. Worked wonders on mine even in the coldest weather.