Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Cedar waxwings

9 posts in this topic

At last light, with the sun a few degrees above the horizon while I was driving back home (and my fingers were like little icicles!), a flock of cedar waxwings landed in a mountain ash tree.

Brrrrrr! I'm still not warm! frown

3118811441_3013027ec6_o.jpg

3118811603_e8c2af8368_o.jpg

3119638922_6e8871ab24_o.jpg

3119638744_c8a35de806_o.jpg

Thanks, guys. I could barely work the controls, my hands were so cold. Never had to take pictures with the nubs of the stumps of my hands before. At some point I just stuck the sucker up there, said a prayer and let er rip. These are just the ones that jumped out at me among the 300 or so I shot. I'm still trying to get warm. frownfrown

Awesome shots. I like the 3rd shot best. Its tail feathers look almost a transparent blue and you can see its wing through them.

You know there is a Townsend Solitaire wintering in Ely. I bet no one has ever posted a picture of one of them on the forum before...grin

Another great series Steve and there can't be a favorite when it come to waxwings grin

The waxwings don't look cold at all. Warm enough to give you some great poses! Like em' all.

Mic

Quote:
You know there is a Townsend Solitaire wintering in Ely.

I've heard that from a couple of people who have seen one, and the sightings were about 8 miles apart. Don't know how far they range, but maybe there's more than one!

Beautiful shots Steve, the first is just perfect!