Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azrael

Question about super line

14 posts in this topic

How do I keep my Crystal Ice line from spinning on my reel?

Smaller diameter line and or larger reel spool can help. You also want to make sure that you do not overfill your spool, if you think you have you should strip some off.

I find that as it gets more use, it will start to get more limp.

OOOPS .... I miss read your post, do what bigwade said. It will require that you unspool all your line, then put a little mono backing (then tie onto your FLC) or tape the initial loop before respooling the rest.

use backing with a uni to uni knot to join the two lines together the FLC wont fill your spool and that aint good either it might take a couple tries to get it just right but once you do it works a lot better.

I always put my super line on over some mono backing. I've heard that putting some tape on your spool works too, but I don't want tape on my spools.

Does it always spin? I put some on a reel this year and never knew about it spinning on the reel. I have not been out to use it yet. HELP.

Does it always spin?

Like clockwork. Usually it spins more easily when your line and reel are cold.

After using Crystal this summer- my best answer is to throw out the entire spool and find another line.

I use Fireline on a few of my spinning rigs. I always put some 6 pound mono on for backing, 2 or 4 on my ultra lites. Im not sure how much I use though. Maybe a quarter of the spool? Less even? I cant remember.

Another vote for tape I just put a little strip of electical tap over the knot tied on the spool.

A little bit of tape is all you need to get going. Good stuff.

Everybody's Superline will spin if there is no Mono backing or if it's not taped down to the spool. If you are going to spool some up on an existing reel just take off some mono and do a uni knot and add the Superline. This way the drag will work correctly.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold