• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Grizzly?

LakeDocktor

I have a 07 660 Yamaha Grizzly. I was talking to my cousin a few weeks ago about how I never had a problem starting it in the cold. I use it ice fishing and keep it outside at the cabin during the winter and it has always fired right up. Well, we were having that conversation on our way back from the morning hunt and I decided to start it up when we got back. It would turn over a few times then make a clicking noise like the battery is bad. I checked the lights and the aftermarket lights and they are as bright as can be. I just want someone's opinion before I go out and buy a new battery only to find that isn't the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check the connections on the battery too. I had one work itself loose a tad so it wasn't charging/starting like it should because it wasn't making ideal contact. My battery is on the charger right now. smile

I have a 07 660 Yamaha Grizzly. I was talking to my cousin a few weeks ago about how I never had a problem starting it in the cold. I use it ice fishing and keep it outside at the cabin during the winter and it has always fired right up. Well, we were having that conversation on our way back from the morning hunt and I decided to start it up when we got back. It would turn over a few times then make a clicking noise like the battery is bad. I checked the lights and the aftermarket lights and they are as bright as can be. I just want someone's opinion before I go out and buy a new battery only to find that isn't the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ryan you jinxed yourself!! lol it could be the solenoid also charge the battery up good and if thats not it,its prolly the solenoid...good luck!

Thanks guys, I am going to charge it up and try that. What I don't understand is why the lights are still really bright.

Thanks Scott, I keep realizing that everytime I talk about something positive, the negative happens almost immediately.

Have you ever tried to pull the starter rope to start it? If so, you'll understand why the starter solenoid is chattering and can't turn it over with bad connections or a dieing battery.

It's a beast to hand start, if not impossible....especially if the engine is cold. The lights will probably light up fine as they don't pull the current like the starter does trying to turn over that big single.

Pull it over with the recoil! Ha Ha Ha! I'm 6'3'' 265 and it is impossible to pull over! I want to know what Yamaha was talking about when they began using their automatic decompression. IMO, the recoil is more frustrating than the bad battery.