Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spearing Machine

Ice making Chart??

12 posts in this topic

A couple weeks ago I remember seeing a chart that showed how much ice is made at certain temps. Does anyone know where I can find that?? It was a very interesting chart even though it may not be extremly accurate it is a tool to go along with other ice monitoring skills.

According to that chart, driving on the lakes will happen this weekend near me. Although I like it better when you cant drive on, less people!

I wonder how snow affects this? Should you add the depth of the snow onto the starting ice thickness?

I wonder how snow affects this? Should you add the depth of the snow onto the starting ice thickness?

if there is snow on the ice, you must factor it in

Thats a heckuva bump. Here is a screenshot i have stored....not proud of it, but do look at it frequently this time of year winksmile

full-27018-38980-screenshot2013_11_08at1

I got an itch.... Looking like it won't take too much longer to scratch it. I gotta say though, unless there's a solid 4-5 I'm not venturing out. Going to have to head north a little for that.