• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which portable?

grousehunter

I bought the Trekker II as a one man fish house. It's a nice fish house and comes in at a reasonable weight for a two man. The chairs are not the best, but I fabricated a table and rod holder out of one of the chairs, and am swapping the other out for one of their boat seats. I haven't used it yet, but it should be a really nice unit. Are you using it as a one or two man?

mostly one man with my dog...sometimes with two people. I liked it when I looked at it at the store and will be pullnig by hand, so I liked to lower weight for a two man. I have heard the canvas isnt very good on it though...that is my only worry about the trekker.

hate to say it since u prolly want it for the season but i waited til the end of the season and picked up a brand new in box Clam Corps Yukon for 369$ from Cabelas which retails for $549. i know this doesnt answer ur question of which one but its always an option

I picked up a FishTrap Guide last year for $299 and haven't been disappointed. Relatively light, and enough room for two people, as long as you don't go overboard. They are the most comfortable seats IMHO. I got mine during the Christmas season at GM, so I would be surprised if they don't go on sale for that price soon.

The new frabills seem alot better than their previous models and I wish I had extra money to buy one because they look sweet! Shop around and find the best product for you and buy it! As long as it gets you out fishing and isnt super cheap I would think you would be ok

I have always liked the canvas on the otters. I was told before that the zipper with its smaller "teeth" would not be as good as the larger like my eskimo. Thats what the guy at the store told me, and now am dissapointed that I didnt go with the otter. Has anyone had a problem with their zipper? also, the eskimo has removable windows, but the plastic sucks and has since cracked bad in the cold. how do the others hold up? I see Frabill has a new one with insulated fabric, similar to canvas craft. I think my next will be a canvas craft, but they are real spendy, and I would like to see one in person before I bought it.

Your location may make it difficult to find a nice used Otter. If you are willing to drive some distance to pick one up that would make it easier. The ice is here and I would want to be out ASAP, with that in mind I would grab the trekker and go fishing! Other than the seats not being very comfy in the Trekker I think it's a nice house.

Plan on a good couple hours. I just finished putting my Trekker DLX together. Mounting the poles and such is quick and easy. You'll think "this is going really well". I finished that in about 30 min. Then comes the tent. Took me another 2 hrs to get that and the mounting strip on. I was really careful to get the tent even all the way around before drilling the screws. Working by myself, it was real hard to keep the strip in place while I worked the tent around the bottom. The canvas is heavier on the DLX so it may be a little easier with yours. An extra pair of hands during that step may help also.

Good luck.