• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good fan for ice house

7outof10

i got an 6/12 ice house and i need a fan to blow the hot air down i use to have a fan like you would find on a school bus but i was always turning it on and off and was very loud and took lots of juice from my battery so what ? is what is out there for a fan that would blow air around better then a computer fan i put 2 of them in there this year and they just dont move the air .... i need some help on this one and it has to be 12 volts

here areis the info about tent fan looks good

* Install fan outside tent to pull stagnant air out; or place it inside to pull fresh air in

* Adjustable 2-speed airflow control

* Attaches to any Coleman tent Cool-Air Port(sold separately) or tent window that has magnetic plates

* Kickstand allows unit to be used as a freestanding fan; 10.6Hx10Wx4.5D"

* Powered by 6 D batteries(sold separately)

where does everyone put there fans in there house? over the heater. we have a problem of smokin out the guy on the top bunk and even with a fan it doesnt seem to help. maybe i should get another fan and put it on the bunk.

iceman

Ozark Trail O2 COOL, from Wal-Mart it's a 10" moves a ton of air and is very quiet. runs on 8D batterys for a 24 hour run time BUT it also has a 12 volt plug in port on the side (cord not included)and it only draws .4 amps on low and .56 on high and the best part it"s $12.00!

if you install over a non vented heater you may want to make sure on high it does'nt blow the pilot light out or keep the fumes near the heater and make the safety device shut the stove down

this happend to me even with the fan as high up as I could put it so I put a vented heater in this weekend.

The Coleman fan I have runs off of 2 d batteries. That 6-D one must be like a Air Conditioner unit. It is hard to say how long the batteries last because I got it towards the end of the season last year.

Ozark Trail O2 COOL, from Wal-Mart it's a 10" moves a ton of air and is very quiet. runs on 8D batterys for a 24 hour run time BUT it also has a 12 volt plug in port on the side (cord not included)and it only draws .4 amps on low and .56 on high and the best part it"s $12.00!

if you install over a non vented heater you may want to make sure on high it does'nt blow the pilot light out or keep the fumes near the heater and make the safety device shut the stove down

this happend to me even with the fan as high up as I could put it so I put a vented heater in this weekend.

i got that fan today and am very happy with it so far dont have it up yet but i know how i am going to do it ....very easy way built in to mount it and then run it off my 12 volt system

Iceman16, I have fans over each window (2) and 1 over the center of the cargo door. The ones over the windows keep the glass clear and the one over the door keep it from freezing up. Works well. Phred52

sounds like a lot of work lol