Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Screen View Shots

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the name of a good software is that takes pictures of your computer screen is. I need to take a few pictures of some websites.

Thanks

Do you have windows vista?

On mine, I've got a "snipping tool" in accesories, you can cut out whatever you want in a window and save it.

We use snagit for pc's and snapz pro for macs at work.

The vista tool is pretty good, not as full functioned, but probably all you need and free. On a 2000 or xp machine you can use the print screen and clip the image in other image software as an option also.

I don't have vista, but FMer upnorth passed on some great information to me:

Quote:
Depending on what you want to capture- To capture the whole screen hit print screen and then you can paste in into paint or word or something of that nature. If you just want the active window press ALT then print screen an you can paste it where you want, paint or word. I think you can do arrows and such in paint and maybe word too.

It totally worked for me, without any software or without Windows Vista.

Thanks and hopefully this helps others.

Sweet!!! It never ceases to amaze me the things that I learn on these forums smile

There we go!

Thanks LMM!

Cool!

I have always used printscreen as well. Just hit the key and paste it into word and you can stretch the image to enlarge it.

I do not use any program.

All I do is hold down the ctrl key and press prt scr.

Than all you have to do is in anew document is right click on the mouse and click paste.

This will paste what you see on your screen.

I use MWSnap 3 . Seems pretty versatile, the graphics/tech pubs guy out at work turned me on to it.

By far the best one I have found and free to boot.

30263461od9.jpg73041015vd9.jpg35341948ac2.jpg

15242163tv8.jpg