• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

color underwater camera

JSK76

I have the aquaveiw one, the same one stumper tried out, I also was not happy. could'nt see much needed clear water and a lot of light. Broke down only after using it 5 times.

Called Nature Vision and they said they would fix it but I never sent it in I was that dissapointed. The service department was verry nice to deal with and upfront and open. I asked why I didnt get a good picture and she told me the color camera needs a lot of light for a good picture and the black and white ones were better.

This was 3 years ago so I'm sure the the cameras are better now. I sure would like to give them another try being I had agood experiance with the service department.

I just purchased the 7" screen last Saturday from Cabela's and so far very impressed. Looking foward to ice fishing as soon as we get some hard water. The screen is so much bigger than the original one which makes it easier to see and the lighting on this one is unreal. very good purchase so far. Let you know after the winter is over.

I purchased the MarCum 825 which is their color unit. I do believe that in some situations, the 800 or black and white unit will perform better. Yes, you can see green weeds on the camera. Its my first winter with this unit so I don't know when and where it will excel.

Water clarity will play a huge roll in how well one can view. The deeper one gets in the water column and the depth of snow will also affect the picture quality.

It seems to be a very nice unit.

I run the 825c from MarCum and reccomend it to anyone.. Especially in the clear lakes we have up here in the Bemidji and Cass areas.. If we find GREEN weeds we usually find the better/active schools of fish.. The battery/camera/charger and case all held up to the guiding abuse we put it through... Plus the color was a HUGH hit with the kids when they are on the ice....

Beef

If your planning on using the unit during the low light times.. The color camera need more light, the camera for the B&W units are able to open the iris more to be able to see in lower light situations. The Color would be very nice to find the green weed though.. that is for sure!

It is priced at $399 at Cabela's and I also got the mopod to with an extra battery. That way I can put the camera outside next to the house and be able to spin in from inside the house be remote. That way you don't lose any holes inside the house. You only get 6 feet of wire with the mopod so I made an additional 18 foot piece so I can get it next to me in any house when its outside.